Chapter Five

Unedited.

"Should I ask, why you look like you want to jump out of the plane?" Kyle asked, an hour after Sophie woke up, and crawled into the co-pilot seat, staring out the window. She had contacted an elf! She could have asked for help! She could of gotten back to the Lost Cities!

"Just thinking." Sophie replied smoothing out her facial features. "Hopefully it's not thinking about jumping out of the plane." Kyle said. "No." Sophie shook her head. Were there more lost elves? Were they lost? Did they know they were elves?

Sophie's ears popped with the high altitude, but the mint gum Kyle had given her, helped. "I know things might be worrying you right now. But you'll get your memories back, and Nick...I promise if you don't like him, if you just want a vacation, call me right away." Kyle said. "I'll be there the next the next day." He promised. Sophie smiled gratefully, "Thanks, Kyle. I'm just thinking...trying to remember... Before." Sophie pressed her hands to her sides. The bruises had healed, but how had she gotten them? Did someone hurt her? And what had her journal meant about being poisoned? Did someone try to kill her? Was she in danger? Who was this Alvar? And the flashes of faces she got, who were they?

And those eyes, those teal blue eyes that swarmed around her, like a blanket covering her with warmth, Sophie wanted to know whose eyes they were, she wanted nothing more then to see those eyes. Who was the owner? And the voice? The voice which hardly ever stopped talking. The many tones of calming, pleading and the tone...the tone of gentle trust, caressing her mind, causing peace to wash through her. She wanted to meet the owner of that voice and those eyes. She wanted to be close to them. "Don't try to remember that to much. Maybe you fell down the stairs...or fell down a mountain while trying to ski..." Kyle offered.

Sophie looked at him. He had seen the bruises to, and they weren't from stairs or skiing. He sighed, "Look I won't lie to you." He said. "Those bruises did look like someone had done them, and I know it might scare you about who. But I... Rose went through a lot of that crap as a kid...it's why she kept asking you about them, but look at the bright side, you're moving half way across the world to Alaska, you're going to live with your old baby sitter and his wife. Nobody can get to you, no one can hurt you there." Kyle said. Sophie sighed and wrapped the brown jacket tighter around her.

"If it was someone...what if they come after me?" She asked voicing her thoughts, that had kept her awake at night. "If someone tries finding you, they have to go through Rose...literally, and they will already be at the police station so all they have to do is nab them. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about."

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." Alden said smiling gently at Sophie. Sophie glanced around Alden's aquatic office, as she sighed. That was his favorite saying.

Sophie gasped. Alden! Alden Vacker was Alvar's Dad! "What?!" Kyle asked jumping at Sophie's panicked gasp. "I just...I uh...." Sophie glanced at Myth who stared at her with those dark watery brown eyes. "I remembered something." Sophie said as she pulled her journal out. "That's great! Right?" Kyle asked. "I think so..." Sophie said as she tapped her pen to her chin before writing. "Well what exactly did you remember?" Kyle asked. "Um...well I remember someone's Dad. I don't remember the person very well, but the dad...he...he has always been kind to me..." Sophie said before she started writing. Her head spinning, if Alvar had helped poison her? Did that mean Alden had been in on the plan? But Alden...he was good. Sophie was sure about it. Positive.

But if Alvar was his son...

One problem at a time. Sophie told herself as she took a deep breath. She just needed to focus on finding a way back to the Lost Cities... To Eternalia.
"You look angry now." Kyle said. "It's just that...I'm not sure about Alden's son..." Sophie said. "Remember Rose and I will protect you at all costs..." Kyle said. Sophie placed her journal away, "It's still going to bother me until I remember." Sophie said. "Well buckle up kid, we're almost there." Kyle said. Sophie strapped herself into the seat, and looked back to see Myth brace himself.