chapter 3

((A/n right guys this is how things are going to be. I'm going to time skip 10 years. And in these 10 years nothing important happens. Miranda is still comatosed. Claire has been put on drugs to stop her from aging. Anna and Ryan are best friends and they are going to the same school. And thats it really. Oh and Michael was turned human by the daylighters. And anna is dating this Jamie guy.)

***10 years later***

Anna

"Happy birthday baby girl"

That is how I woke up. Hearing my mom and dad singing happy birthday to me. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

"Seriously, its like eight am. You woke me up early on a friday" I explained then groaned.

"Yes we did. You sixteen Anna. Don't you know how big being sixteen is?" My dad said as he opened the blinds. He could start going into the sun now. Since some horrible people made him human once again. Its so unfair how my mom and dad look so young.

"Yeah dad being sixteen means I have to pay taxes. I also can drink if I'm with you guys or anyone over the age of 18." I stated almost casually.

My mom smiled brightly then pulled me over to the window. I peered outside and seen Ryan. He was sat on a scooter motorbike thingy.

"That's your new wheels. It's a moped scooter with a 50cc engine. You get changed and I'll make some food then Jamie is coming over after school plus im sure Ryan wants to see you."

"What about aunt Hannah, uncle Myrnin and my grandmother." I asked and mum she winked then left the room with my dad. I went into my own personal bathroom and applied my natural-ish make up. My light blonde hair was tied back so I pulled out the hair tie and shook my head. I had decided to go for the messy look today. I still have no clue about what I'm gonna wear today. Maybe I could wear my new shoulder shirt with some skinny jeans. I'll wear those converse boot things that Ryan brought me. Okay so I'm more or less ready. I pulled my clothes on and headed downstairs. The sun hit me making me smile at the fresh wave of heat. Summer has just started. And today me and Ryan can officially leave school. Although he's my best friend he's 2 years older than me. But he's waited until I was old enough to leave. He had to stay on a extra year. It's the last friday in june. Yeah I was born June 27th. I went into the kitchen and spotted Ryan he smiled at me.

"Good morning Anna, happy birthday" he said then put a large neatly wrapped box on to the table.

"Ryan. You shouldn't have" I said as I opened the box. It was a box full of cat food and things to look after a cat.

"Uh... I don't have a cat Ryan" I said feeling really confused. He smirked.

"Oh really, look what's under the table" he said so I pulled up the table cloth and a tiny ginger and white kitten was lying in a bed. It was super fluffy and really cute. So basically it was absolutely adorable.

"Aw it's so cute and fluffy" I cooed as I picked it up.

"Its a girl and I thought you'd like her" Ryan stated as he moved the box. A plate of pancakes was placed in front of both me and Ryan by my mom.

"Thanks mom"

"Thanks Mrs Glass"

"No problem now eat up else you'll be late." She replied then left the kitchen. God knows where my dad was.

We ate our breakfast and I played with my kitten.

"I love her so much. I'm going to call her........ um.... izabel. Thank you so much Ryan"