Oliver and Miranda

Oliver

I headed for the hospital and just about managed to get inside before it began to rain. I rushed to the room in which Miranda was in but to my surprise she wasn't in her room.

"You. Where have you taken Miranda? " I asked a doctor who was stood doing nothing.

"I'm sorry sir, she was pronounced dead earlier this morning." He replied and I felt the anger slowly bubbling up inside me.

"Dead? You fool. She's probably dead now you've sent her to a freezer in a black bag" I said raising my voice but only slightly. I stormed out of the hospital and headed for the morgue. If they aren't capable of doing their jobs right the I'll do it for them. I ran to the morgue while getting hit by the icey cold bullets of water. I was soaked when I finally reached the small building which reeked of death. Unluckily for me, the morgue was locked. So, I slammed my fist into the window. A single crack rose up and the window instantly shattered. I climbed through into an empty looking room. It was pitch black and silent. I flipped the switch causing a bulb to glow faintly apart from the occasional flicker. This must've been where the loved ones came to bid the dead farewell. I looked at the alter and her body lay life less and still. They'd changed her clothes to a black dress and some boots. She looked so peaceful and content. I picked up her limp body and covered her up to keep her warm.

"What have they done to you? "I whispered as we exited the same way that I entered. She was freezing cold and currently getting wet. I attempted to keep her as dry as possible before I got to my house. (Yes I have a house. Deal with it) Once inside I lay her corpse like body on my bed and covered her up.

"You probably can't hear me, but if you can, I'm looking after you. And I love you" I said softly as I pressed my lips to her pale forehead. She didn't move or breath or do anything to be honest I would have passed her off as deceased as well. I made sure that she was as comfortable as possible and brought up a couple bags of blood. I'd somehow have to feed her these. I may have to borrow a IV drip temporarily and feed her that way. Seeing her this way was disturbing. So I kissed her cheek then went to fetch the drip.

Miranda

I tried to wake up. I wanted to wake up and be with him. I could feel an icy sensation making its way around my body at an incredibly slow speed. Am I dead? Is this my dying consciousness? I can't be dying. My life was just getting good. Ugh.... I'm so screwed up. I put myself outside my body to see Oliver kiss my cheek. I watched as he left then I just stared at my body. I looked lifeless but hot in that outfit. I mentally thanked Eve for giving it to me. I attempted to manifest myself into a more  translucent form but it didn't work. Instead I kinda managed to make my body shift in the slightest way. Then Oliver turned up with one of the hospital iv drips. He attached it into my arm and hooked up a couple of blood bags. I tried to make my life less self move a bit more. I slightly shifted my fingers. He noticed.

"Miranda? If you can hear me do that again"

I tried and moved my fingers a tiny bit. But it was really draining the energy out of me. I shouted and it came out as a whisper in reality.

"I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH ENERGY BUT I'M ALIVE"  I screamed but all he heard was whispers.

"Savour the energy you have. I'll be right by your side until you wake up" he said and I fell into a sleep like state.

Oliver

I was relieved to find out she isn't dead. The blood is working. I took her ice cold hand in mine and kissed it. And once I'd made sure she was comfortable I left to go to work.

****a couple of hours later****

Thankfully it wasn't busy today so I left early and when I got back I went to check on Miranda straight away. I pushed open the door and felt a slight surge of power running through the room. As I sat in the chair I felt a small amount of energy being pulled away from me. Is she trying to get my attention?

"Miranda? Did you want something? " I asked then I seen the faintest outline of a person. As I felt the pull getting a little stronger.

"Hold on. Your becoming translucent" I said as she began to gather a stronger image. The energy flowing from me to her wasn't enough to make a difference. But it was still working. I smiled as I stood up. She held her hand out and I took it. She felt solid and real although she was only a ghostly image.

"I can't keep this up for too long but I managed to gather enough energy to gain this form for a short period of time."

"How long?"

"About an hour."

"Good" I said then pressed my lips to hers. Our lips moved perfectly in sync  while our hands joint together. With every passing second she got stronger.

Mir

The world around me was finally taking on colour but Oliver wasn't. He was getting paler and paler every time I looked at him. I pulled away from him, becoming a little worried. He frowned ever so slightly.

"What's the matter? "

"I think I'm gaining my energy from you" I said then took a couple of steps back. He tried to move closer but I concentrated really hard causing an almost bubble like thing to protect me.

"Miranda. Its fine. I want you to take energy from me. If it means I can speak to you" he said so I dropped the bubble and he walked over then picked me up. We cuddled on the small couch, just lying side by side. But eventually he fell asleep. My time was up and I glanced into the mirror as I watched myself disappear. Oliver woke up as I disappeared completely.

"I missed her. Miranda, when can you come back? "

"Not for a while. You need to regain your energy. I need you to feed. Drink from me if you have to." I replied attempting to send him my mind message. He must've gotten it pretty fast.

"Are you sure? I don't want to leave you by yourself" he said so I moved towards him and hugged him. But he couldn't see me. So he'd probably just feels a cold chilly sensation.

"Are you trying to hug me?"

"Yes. Oliver go feed I'll be fine here" I sent and he kissed my corpses cold lips softly and I felt it. I smiled but then he left once he'd said goodbye and everything. Time ticked by one agonisingly slow second at a time. And I was stuck waiting.....

Waiting to be brought back to life.