Chapter 8

Anna-

I stepped through the portal into a cold room, this room was big, and fancy. Velvet curtains with a gold trim, soft cream carpets. Expensive. I looked around and spotted my mom, so I took my grandparents to her.

"Mom" I said as I hugged her tightly, she was stood by a group of people I looked around and recognised everyone here.

Myrnin, Oliver, Amelie, Shane my apparent uncle, Eve my apparent mother, Sam, Claire. Everyone was quiet and I looked into the centre of the crowd and seen why.
My dad was laying on a table in a hospital gown as his clothes were covered in that disgusting black gel substance. My eyes filled with tears...

Claire
I stared hopelessly at Michaels corpse, no doubt everyone in this room knew I was pregnant, everyone but Eve. I looked down and wiped my eyes as I rested a hand on my stomach.

Amelie suddenly spoke up. "Myrnin how long will it take to create this antidote"

"A couple of hours if it's none stop work ma'am" he said as he looked at me sympathetically.

"Amelie, you know very well that preserving him is possible, but risky" Oliver said as he placed his hand on Amelies shoulder.

"Ik know Oliver, but I can't lose the last part of Sam I have" she said as she then asked Myrnin to work on the antidote immediately, he nodded and left. He took Anna with him so we could discuss what was going happened.

Oliver-
We needed to plan a strategic attack on these creatures, they plan to ambush us soon. We must be one step ahead.

Myrnin and the child left, so we all sat around the table in a room next door. Amelie was of course head of the table followed by me, then the Collins boy and his son. The Miss Rosser. Finally the founders pet, little Miss Danvers.

"Oliver, would you like to tell them the plan of attack" Amelie said as she placed a map of Morganville on the tablet along with several counters.

I stood up and began telling everyone the plan.

"The town square, this is where we will be holding the battle, now most of the humans will be fighting along side us, however some will be fighting against us. So take note that the methods we will be using will be ineffective against humans. Now, 12pm is when this will happen, tomorrow. Anna will be used primarily as bait, but once they advance to attack she will be safely escorted away." I said and suddenly Eve and Claire piped up.

"You can't use a human as bait" the both chorused, I glared which silenced them both.

"Right, once we have them all in the centre of the town we will begin our attack" I said and threw a bag of powder onto the table.

"Oliver this isn't the time to do drugs" Shane said and I flipped him off.

"This substance in mercury in a powder, now this substance in powder form will merely burn them slightly, however we have made a large batch of liquid mercury, now since conventional weapons like guns or knives are out of the question we will be using high powered water guns" I said and glanced around the room. A shy hand went up as I looked around.

"Yes Claire"

"What about a knife which is coated or made from mercury" she said.

"That could work but getting that close is too dangerous, so I suggest sticking to the liquid mercury" I said and give her a kind smile.

"Moving on, here" I said pointing to a building around the battle field. "Claire I believe you would be safer in here given your condition now, so you can try to get Anna to show her inner self" I said then I shown everyone else there positions. After a while they left so only me and Amelie remained.

"Another game of chess I see" she said as I began to fold the map. "Oliver you are aware it is very likely that many will be taken hostage, used against us or killed" she said softly, I paused for a moment.

"That's a risk we will have to take founder" I said then bowed and left her in peace.

Anna-

I sat on my make do bed and sighed as I stroked izzy. Ryan, why did you have to make me fall in love with you.

SMASH

I rushed to the lab to see Myrnin sat on the floor trying to pick up some glass.

"Uncle Myrnin, here let me clear it up, you have to work on that antidote" I said and he nodded then got back to work hastily. As I began to sweep the floor my mom walked in looking tired and stressed.

"Anna can you go to our room for a while please, theres something I need to discuss with Myrnin" she said so I nodded my head and went into the bedroom then put my earphones in..

Myrnin

"Ah Claire, good I could use the help, pass me the sodium" I said and look at her for the first time, she looked exhausted.

"Is everything alright my dear?" I asked putting down the chemicals and standing in front of her.

"Myrnin I don't know what to do" she said and a few tears rolled down her cheek, I wiped them away and rested my hand on her cheek.

"Everything will work out dearest" I said and smiled kindly at her. She closed her eyes and I quickly closed mine then pressed my lips to hers, it was only a short moment but it was thrilling, I pulled away.

"I'm sorry that was wrong of me" I said quickly, she stood there looking dumbfounded.

"Myrnin" she said softly and my whole body ached for her to be mine.

"What is-.." I was cut off as she pressed her lips to mine again. This time I wasn't letting her get away, I placed my arms around her and then picked her up and sat her on a lab bench while she continued to kiss me. This can't be real can it?

I continued to kiss back until she pulled away and rested her forehead against mine. I looked at her with hunger in my eyes, she smiled slightly.

"I'm sorry Myrnin, I needed that" she said then yawned, I picked her up and carried her to bed carefully. Then I went back to work.