Chapter 1

"But what am I supposed to paint Miss Wren?" A young Rodian child asked.

Sabine smiled. "Paint what you dream about. Paint whatever makes you happy."

The Rodian beemed, and began to paint a drawing of a Loth Wolf.

Sabine loved teaching the children how to paint. It distracted her from...well everything.

The small bell rang, and Sabine dismissed the class.

"Go home early. Be home with your families celebrating." She said, ushering them off, as they all skipped away happily.

"If only I had a family to go back to." Sabine thought sadly, biting her lip to keep a few tears from escaping her eyes.

It was 6 years ago on this day.

6 years ago that everything had happened.

The battle of Scarif.

6 years since Kanan Jarrus had sacrificed himself  to save the life of his wife, Hera Syndulla.

6 years since Zeb Orrelios had died in battle.

6 years since Hera Syndulla left the Rebellion, and went to explore a new path, not being heard from in years.

6 years since Ezra Bridger had been captured by the Empire.

6 years since she had lost her family, and her best friend, all in the same day.

Her parents had died a few months before Scarif.

Both Ursa and Tristan were caught in an explosion, and her dad...well he was killed during the rescue attempt.

She had helped fight the Empire, and watched it as it fell.

She had been working as an artist for the two years since the end of the Empire.

She was teaching mostly children, ones affected by the Empire, and was helping them learn new talents.

She had a rather nice home, and sure, she had friends, but she still missed her family.

She never gave up searching, and chased down every lead she could.

Maybe, just maybe, she'd find that Ezra survived the Empire.

Maybe, just maybe, she'd find that Hera Syndulla was still alive somewhere.

They were strong hopes, with little chance for success.

Sabine sighed, and slumped back into her purple desk chair, which had an orange star bird on the back of it.

The entire classroom was painted various colors, with Rebel symbols everywhere, including her famous star bird.

She remembered back to the time, that her and Ezra had painted that stolen TIE fighter.

She chuckled slightly, remembering how mad Hera had been when she found out that they had disobeyed orders, and kept the stolen TIE.

Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by two of her friends, April, and Willow, bursting into the room.

"Sabine!" April said in a startled, panicked tone.

"What? What's the matter?" Sabine asked, standing up concerned.

"It's...you tell her April!" Willow nudged her.

"Wha-me? No I think you should." April said stepping back.

"Will someone just tell me?" Sabine asked, slightly frustrated.

"It's...it's Ezra." Willow said, quietly.

Sabine stiffened. "What about him?" She asked, concerned that they had learned that he had indeed died with the Empire.

"He's....he's alive Sabine." April stated.

And here we go. Another sabezra story. Funny thing, I just had inspiration for this today. Literally I just had to write it. Of course, I'm too lazy to make OCs, so I used April and Willow (builtonhope lothcatwillow ) as Sabines best friends. I have a lot planned for this story, so enjoy! 😊💜