Chapter 8

May didn't sleep that night.
She kept thinking about the sith, who was likely tracking her every move, and waiting-waiting for her to make a mistake. Waiting for an excuse to kill her.

    The Pantoran shivered, and rolled over on her side. It hadn't always been like. Her family were loyal to the Empire, but being of an alien race-of course things were harder for them. Which is why her parents' achieving a high rank within the Imperial forces as agents, was such a great feat for them to have accomplished.
    May had only been 11 when her parents were executed in front of her. Accused of selling intel to the Republic for a few extra credits. Of course they hadn't done this-it had been another duo of agents. But they were Pantorans, and it was just easier to pin the blame on them. A single blaster shot to the head, and both of them fell in front of her.
    And that was when they were left with the young orphan, stuck in the Empire, without a use-or anywhere to go. So.. they used her. Trained her as a spy, and used her innocent appearance to lure in Republic operatives, getting the information they needed, while May lived with the fact she was responsible for their fate...

    And then, at 19, they tasked her with finding Ezra. She was tasked with working her way into his life, and breaking him apart from his family. When he was at his weakest, when he didn't have anyone to go back to-that's when they would use him. So even though Sabine seemed like a sweet girl, and even though Ezra was far from her type, she put on a show of being the bratty girl who got everything she ever wanted.
    She hated it. She hated living in fear, and she hated being rude. She *needed* to tell someone. She *needed* to tell Sabine what was going on. She wanted into the Republic, and she wanted to be safe.

    May shook her head, and curled up into the blanket even more. Although she wanted those things, she didn't see a chance at that, unless she could free herself from the clutches of the Empire.

Not me updating this after ages :D