= Chapter 16 =

" The most beautiful clothes that can dress a woman are in the arms of the man she loves."

-Jeremy Lockhart

==============
⚓️SKYLAR⚓️

As my eyes met his, I knew he had a whole master plan in his mind. Clearing my throat, I straightened up and lifted my head confidently.

"And how can I return you that favor?" Even though I wanted to sound confident, I felt that it came out more like a nearly audible whisper.

His lips lifted into a mischievous smile while he clasped his hands together excitedly.

"Very simple actually! You just have to teach me any instrument so that I can perform on STD!"

Perform STD? What the hell?!

Sensing my confusion, he shook his head vigorously.

"Not STD, I mean School's Talent Day" Jeremy rushed out.

"And how can I even benefit from this?" I gave him a questioning look while folding my arms.

Poking my nose with a grin, he fished out his wallet.

"You're in need of money and you'll get it if you teach me...well." I felt slightly offended by what he said even though it might have been entirely true.

I was broke.

"It's a win-win situation and a perfect deal too, just think about how loaded with cash you'll be, Skylar." He circled me while saying each word close to my ears, it was slightly seductive I must add.

His words were so tempting that without thinking it properly through, the words slipped out of my mouth.

"Deal." I firmly shook his hand.

"Sunday, 8 pm. My house at Cresant Avenue." He winked before walking away joyfully, punching the air in happiness. He didn't even give me a chance to argue, but he has the cash after all so I guess I have to follow whatever he wants. It's his rules now.

What have I got myself into again?

==============
[ 1 Day Later]

I thought standing at the side of the Swimming Pool with a First Aid kit was tiring but little did I know how the rest of my beautiful Friday afternoon would actually go...

Announcements boomed over the crowd, strident timbre of the voice, There was a cacophony of applause cheering, whooping, hollering, clapping and stamping of feet, all sorts of noises that irritated me.

Seriously, I rather be snuggled up against my pillow with a bowl full of hot crunchy popcorn, watching Netflix.
Palpable excitement buzzed through the charged air, infectious grins were seen and a spontaneous outpouring of emotion was felt.

Races went by in a flash and the next thing I knew, we've already arrived to the last race of the championship finals.

It was also one of the only reasons why there was such a large crowd that day— Jeremy was in it of course.