= Chapter 15 =

"Suddenly, all the love songs were about you."
-Jeremy Lockhart

==============
⚓️SKYLAR⚓️

I was definitely regretting my decision in joining the nursing program every Thursday. No wonder it was one of the last options to get extra points for college. But it turns out that the only other student in the program is my beloved dull Gabby (Gabriel— yes, we already had nicknames for each other), who also turned out to be my mentor.

"So I've taught you all that you need to know for first aid?" Gabby said in a bored tone.

It turns out that Gabby was the
' Schools Nurse ' too. Ever since he started being the school's nurse, there have been a repeated number of mouth-to-mouth resuscitation cases which all involved girls.

Suspicious, isn't it?

"You said there was going to be a fun part when learning first aid but so far it's been as dull as your face." I shot him bored look too.

The moment my words slipped out of my mouth, his smile widened and there was a glint of mischief in it.

" Well...tomorrow is the Swimming Championship-"

"No-" I interrupted him.

"You didn't even let me finish Sky?!" His eyebrows furrowed in annoyance.

"You're gonna ask me to be the first aid person in charge."

"I didn't know you're that smart, but yes you got that right." He grinned from ear to ear, although he looked more like he a constipating dog.

I rolled my eyes in frustration, placing my hands on my hips. Jeremy was the Captain of the Swim Team and to be honest, I wanted to avoid him or anything to do with him.

"Why can't you do it?"

"I have a family reunion to go to and it also happens to be at 4 pm which is the time of the swimming competition." he shrugged with a
too-bad-for-you smile.

I swear Gabby was one of the nicest guys I've met but sometimes he could be a hand full. Giving him a tight smile, I reluctantly nodded in agreement.

"Well, Art is calling me and my job here is done. You better get home soon too, the school is closing in 5 minutes, I'm sure you don't wanna get stuck here eh?" He waved casually before leaving with his art block in his hand.

Realization hit me hard, I still needed to get my bag from my locker and I only had 4 minutes now.

I'm screwed.

============
💦JEREMY💦

Wrapping a towel around my torso, I gulped down my bottle of water. Coach definitely pushed us to our limits today. A few girls sat at the side benches beside the swimming pool, battling their eyelashes and waving at me flirtily.

Giving them my usual dazzling smile, I walked into the boys locker room. I swear I would have definitely flirted back with those girls but with Emily clinging onto me, I could dream of even looking at another girl.
Skylar is an exception.