Chapter 26- His Wife

Jade spent the entire Sunday on her own going over the evidence and thinking of an attack plan. She did a thorough background check on both Kenneth and Abigail. She found out a lot of interesting things. Jade made it her priority to finish this once and for all and when this is finished she will tell Ethan how she feels. When Abigail shot those questions at her, her mind has been on overdrive thinking about to tell him or not. She wonders if he will be scared of her and leave or worse look at her with distrust. Jade knows if this isn't finished with soon it will prove problematic later.

"Tony?" Jade called Tony.

"Hey baby Jay." If she wasn't in such a hurry she would tell him off for calling her that.

"Do you have a number for Raphael?" Jade asked. Raphael was the computer genius of the mafia. He could crack into anything and get what he wants. He was paid to hack into the mafia's system when they caught him and well long story short he is a part of it now.

"Yeah."

"Can I have it? It's kinda important."

"Jade this isn't that serious I don't think you need Raphael."

"Just give me the number." She doesn't have time for Tony's nonsense.

"Alright I sent it." Jade's phone pinged.

"Thanks. Bye." She hung up and called Raphael.

It rung for a while then the phone was picked up and Jade heard moans. "Hello?"

"Oh my god Raphael. If you're busy I will call back later."

"Who is this?"

"It's me Jade." She heard a yelp and then a thud. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She then heard a faint 'fuck you' and a door slamming.

"I'm so sorry. Like I said I could call back later."

"Nah it's fine she has been coming to my place for the past week and I needed an excuse so thanks."

"You pushed her off didn't you?" Jade asked.

"Sort of. I mean the boss's god daughter called me so I don't think she wants to hear that."

"You are right but hey even I'm weak to pleasures."

"If the boss hears you talking like that he is gonna go crazy and start shooting people. Not to mention your Dad."

"Oh please I was talking about food but whatever. I need your help."

"Anything. As long as I don't end up in jail."

"Well I'm not sure you might end up in jail but a little trouble, most definitely." Jade explained.

"Just the way I like it. Shoot."

"Great. I need you to check the data on the Knightley Hotels and McKenzie furniture line around 5 or 4 years ago."

"Whoa that's a long time. It might be a bit difficult."

"I know. I got as far as 3 years between the companies and saw something interesting. Can you do it?" Jade pleaded.

"Well I'm impressed. No wonder the boys here call you the she devil."

"What?" Jade wasn't aware she had a nickname.

"Nothing. I will get right on it. I will email you everything."

"Thanks Raphael. Don't go messing around too much."

"Got it." The call ended and Jade's phone started to ring again. It was Ethan's number.

"Ethan?"