Chapter 17- Birthday Party.

Jade was home again for the weekend. It was right after lunch on Saturday and she was informed that Eli's party would begin at 3. The boys were invited so she would take them with her. She was staring at her walk-in closet to choose an outfit. She doesn't really have an outfit to impress since she never had to until now. Jade was embarrassed to ask her sisters-in-law for help because they would make a big deal and then her brothers would find out then it will be hell. Jade was afraid to bring up the fact that she has a boyfriend because like always half of her family will support her while the other would be sharpening machetes and be cleaning the guns. Just imagining the chaos stresses Jade out. Looks like breaking the news to them will have to take a while. Anyway, back to the problem at hand. So far, she had three options an orange halter top, green halter dress or a pink spaghetti strap dress. The top might be a no go because its flashy while the green halter dress might be too revealing. Pink, it is. It was 2:00 when Jade took a bath and got dressed. She dons the dress and wedges. Her hair was in a simple pony tail with a head band. She didn't use any make up but just a little lip gloss. The boys knocked and entered her room when she was putting in her studs.

 The boys knocked and entered her room when she was putting in her studs

"Wow Aunt Jay you look pretty." Complimented Bronx.

"Yeah." The other two agreed. She kissed the boys and thanked them.

"Now let's go." Jade led them out of her room.

She entered the kitchen and grabbed the presents for Eli. She was almost to the garage when Evelyn spotted her.

"Wow. Aren't you a little too dressed up for a kid's birthday party?" Her arms folded.

"You think so? Maybe I should change."

"No. That's not what I meant. You look pretty. I'm sure some brothers and uncles will have their eyes on you throughout the party." Evelyn winked at her. Jade just rolled her eyes. "Wait let me get a picture?"

"Is that really necessary?" Jade was getting impatient. She just wanted to leave.

"Yes. I have to show your brothers when they get home." Evelyn grabbed her phone.

"Can you not? If they see that they might show up at the party."

"Don't worry we can hold them off."

"And my Dad?"

"We have Bourbon. Now smile." Evelyn stated holding the phone up. Jade smiled with the boys. "Now you boys behave and have fun."

"Bye Evelyn."

"Take care. Drive safely."

"Bye Mom." The twins waved their Mom bye. Jade opened her car and placed each boy in their respective seats. They were all buckled up when she sat in the driver's seat. As she was gonna start the engine her phone rang. It was Ethan. Throughout the entire day, he has called to check up on her.

"Hey Ethan."

"How's my girl?" Jade blushed a bit.

"I keep telling you that you can't own people." Jade said smiling.