Chapter two

2. THE BALL

I combed my hair as I got out of the shower and dried myself up. I’m still thinking of what I’m going to do with my hair. I unpacked my things a few hours ago and it’s exactly 1 hour before the ball. Why do we have to go to this ball? Why a party when there’s a newcomer? And why is my mark really weird?

So many questions, I need an answer. Okay, stop this. The note said, I’ll find out soon enough. Well, what is there to find out anyway? I’m doomed.

I touched my face and the blue marks on my face just glowed in the dim light. Why do I have to be different? I don’t like attention. Maybe Leo is caring enough to listen to the blabbing I’m thinking about. I’ll try to make friends, maybe Leo has friends. Oh, right. He’s like Mr. Popular and I’m the new school slut.

I went outside, opening the box that Emilio and Chico left here, dang, they’re always together. Are they gays? (Not that I don’t like gays, I actually have gay friends)

A black cocktail dress that is just right for me. And beside it is a box that has black stilettos that were also gorgeous. This must’ve cost a fortune! I put on the dress, it’s beauty that complements my marks. It has sapphire-colored gems on the outline of the tube dress. The skirt was amazing. Layers of black galaxy fabric covered it with glitters that are shimmering in the light. They really picked this one out for me. I wore the shoes, I’m thinking it’s about 4 inches and I’m not the type of person that wears heels. I’m seventeen and I don’t like heels and shopping. I’m a weird girl.

Makeup or not? Nah, I don’t like wearing makeup too. My hair was naturally wavy and beautiful so it fell to my back perfectly in big curves. I put on just a little bit of lip balm so my lips won’t be dry. Leo was here early and I invited him in.

“So, are you ready?”

“Yep, can we go now? It’s only 7:45”

“Yeah, being early doesn’t hurt, Tiffany.” He smiled. His smile was different, not flirty but friendly. He looks like a person I can trust. Oh, shit. Wolves can read minds. Shit!

“Oh, okay. Let’s go?” I smiled, too.

We went out of my room and the outside of my room looked like a castle. The walls were built very sturdy and chandeliers hung down. There were several rooms beside mine and on the other side there are other rooms, two. Beside my room to the right is a beautiful terrace that has the view of a soccer field? What the hell is that? I stared with my eyes widening.

“That would be where we are going to train. You’ll learn much more after the after-party.” He snapped his fingers to get my attention. “Hey, hey!” and then he offered me his arm.

Leo was wearing a tux, really meant for a ball. He has a green bowtie and his hair is still the same. Messed up and blonde. His face covered in the fire-like tattoo that marks you as a werewolf.

“Yeah, sorry.” I let out a loud sigh and took his arm. Leo is nice; I would want him to be one of my close friends in this Academy. We headed for the stairs and I quickly glanced at my room number. "507" Cool. My favorite number is seven. We went down 4 floors. Okay, so I’m in the 5th floor beside the terrace. Once we’re on the ground floor, signs were everywhere and the scent of lavender is everywhere. Lavender? But why lavender? Ms. Robinson and other wolves were standing in front of a door that says, “BALLROOM” well, duh. Oh, and they smell like lavender. She’s beside some wolves that look like the same as her age. Maybe 30 or what. She is wearing a pink cocktail dress and white stilettos with a pink ribbon in the front. We walked towards them and Ms. Robinson introduced me to the lady to her right. “Tiffany, this is Mrs. Kara Davis, President of Wolf Academy and her husband, Mr. Vince Davis, Vice-President.”