Chapter 3

I changed some things in this chapter home you like.  Please comment.

I don’t really like this chapter, but I figured I would post is because it is all I have at the moment. I’ve been working extra hours so I haven’t had time to do much else.

So I’m sorry if this chapter sucks.  I’ll work on a new chapter. Promise.

~~~

I waited silently, frightened of what might happen as their footsteps grew closer. I prayed for them not to be his men. The softer voice said Sir, just like my captor. Everyone called him Sir too.  The deeper voice didn’t sound like the Sir I’ve known for the past 12 years.  I wouldn’t know for sure, until I opened my eyes to see.

I felt one of them fall down beside me causing me to flinched slightly. He gently placed his rough hand on my throat.

My eyes shot open and I screamed, well I tried to. All that managed to come out was a gust of air.  My throat was too dry to make a sound.

Deep voice yelled to soft voice, who was running up behind him. “She’s still alive!”

I focused my eyes and thought “My god. His eyes are beautiful.” They were a very light shade of blue.  If it weren’t for the dark blue outline, which was as dark as the night sky when the moon is hidden behind massive clouds. They would’ve looked exactly like a huskies.  

I hesitantly stared into his eyes as he shouted orders to his companion.

“What happened?” He asked as he looked over my bruised and bloody body.

I tried to tell him to leave me alone and to go away, but still no noise came out.  Frustrated I mouthed “water.”

“She needs water.”  He shouted over his shoulder.  

“Got it.”  Soft voice replied and jogged to us carrying a leather canteen.  He squatted and started to lift the canteen to my mouth as blue eyes softly lifted my head.  Soft voice slowly poured the water in my open mouth.  The first swallow of water seemed difficult to take down, but the more water I drank the easier it became.

Once I drank enough water I cleared my throat and asked with a scratchy voice,  “Where am I?”

Soft voice laughed. “In the middle of nowhere.”

Blue eyes hit him in the back of the head and scolded. “This is no time to be a smart ass, you idiot.“

I flinched at his violent behavior, wishing they would both go away and leave me as a lost cause.

Soft voice then replied while rubbing the back of his head.  “I was trying to lighten the mood.”

Watching them argue back and forth I sat there frighted and quiet.  After quite some time of them not paying any attention to me I tried to crawl away, which was a stupid move because I ended up dragging my wounds across the uneven ground. I made a small pained noise.  They both looked at me looking as if they felt bad for forgetting about me.

Blue eyes then ordered soft voice to bring the horses over, so they wouldn’t have to carry me to where the horses were. I had no idea where they were taking me. “Where are you taking me?”  I blanched cowardly.

Blue eyes studied me and answered. “To get you help.”

I try to fight back as Blue eyes lifted me.  I soon realized there was no use. He wasn’t going to let me stay there.  I’m too weak and tired to keep this up.  I stopped struggling and look away as soft voice asked blue eyes to place me on the horse in front of him so he could hold me up.