Chapter 6

Alright I finnished chapter six.  I hope you like.  Please tell me what  you think.

~~~

“Lady...” A small voice whispered close to my ear.

“Hey...Lady?” I then felt a little finger poke my cheek. My heart skipped a beat and I held in a  scream. Throwing my eyes open, I jumped up, scooted across the bed, and fell off the edge.

The little voice gasped then started laughing hysterically.  

I scooted back until I could see better.  The person on the dark green bed was leaning on the fluffy pillows laughing his ass off.  He was little, I’m guessing somewhere around the age of 7.  I looked at him sadly and wished my childhood could’ve been more like his. I was in imprisoned and miserable by that age.  Turning my head to the side I wondered what it felt like to be him.  He had some twigs sticking to his baggy clothes and his short, light brown, messy hair.  Looking into his bright golden brown eyes I saw joyousness and curiosity.

He confused me.

“Hello?” He asked and crawled across the wide mattress. “Are you ok?”

I just stare at him not knowing what to say, not knowing what to do. Frighted I scoot back further until my back hit a dark wooden wardrobe.

The boy grabbed the thick bedpost, slid off the bed, and repeated. “Are you ok?” He hesitantly took a step closer to me and stopped with a frown on his face.

“Where am I?” I manage spit out.

He shrugged his shoulders and answered simply, “The castle.”

I furrowed my eyebrows.  What castle I wondered. Still watching the child closely.

“You know the Colchester castle.”  He repeated taking another step somewhat answering my unasked question.

I shook my head.

He watched me almost as closely as I watched him. “I won't hurt you...I promise.”

He could see that I didn’t believe him. After staring at me for a few minutes he got down on his hands and knees and crawled the last few feet to me.

I pulled my legs closer to my chest trying to get further away from him. “Please stop?” I pleaded.

“I won’t hurt you.” He whispered and reached out to touch me.

I jumped at his fast movement and my eyes went wide in fear.

“Sorry.” He said and brought his hand back to himself.

Relaxing a little I took in a much needed breath.

Slowly he moved his hand forward again. I watched as it crept closer afraid of what he would do.

When he placed his hand on my knee I jumped again, but he didn’t retreat.

“It’s ok....Everything's going to be ok.” He reassured me as he scooted closer and placed his hand on my shoulder.

I relaxed at his gentle touch and soft words.

He must have felt me go soft because a wide grin lit up his face.

“My names Elliot.  What’s yours?”  He asked happily.

I considered not answering, but I thought it might hurt his feelings. “Harper.” I croaked.

“Are you ok?” He wondered.

I shook my head and a tear escaped my eye. I quickly wiped it away and cried. “No.”