Chapter Two: Kyle

I sat in form waiting for the bell to ring so I could go home. My mum would be outside waiting for me right about now. As I looked up at the clock the bell rang out. Everyone charged to their feet. I waited for the rest of the class to rush out because I didn’t want to end up getting pushed around.

Once everyone else was out the door I followed after them. I went downstairs and over to my locker to drop my science book into it but I pulled out two books as I had homework to do tonight. I hate homework, I think most people do.

I walked down the corridor and towards the exit of the school. I finally got outside after the manic of the corridors of students. I looked around to look for my mother. I couldn’t spot her car anywhere. That is very unlike mum. Where the heck is she?

“Hey bro mum just text me she said she is running a bit late. Maybe you can fetch the bus or walk home if you don’t want to wait,” he said to me.

“What?” I asked panicking

“Chill it down a bit. You can wait but she could be up to an hour,” he said to me patting me on the shoulder before he walked away with his friends. How could mum do this to me?

Wait until I see her I’m going to so shout and scream. Doesn’t she understand that she has to pick me up?! I shook my head in rage and annoyance. What am I going to do? I’m not taking the bus. No way am I going to take that bloody bus.

I watched as the kids walked past heading towards the bus, a car or walking. Out of rage I stormed down the path away from the school. I can’t believe this. How could this be happening? I hate my mother for doing this to me.

I noticed myself walking towards the town centre. I think I’m heading the wrong way but right now I don’t really care. Why should I care? I really don’t understand why she is coming late though. She never comes late. I shook my head not knowing what to think or what to do.

I reached the town centre. I spotted some teenage boy watching me out the corner of my eye with a cigarette in his hand smoking it. I sighed as I headed out onto the road without really looking, I couldn’t hear anything.

Suddenly I heard someone shouting and I saw a car inches from me. I felt someone charge me to ground and I groaned with pain. I watched the car that could have hit me screech to the side before someone got out of it.

“Are you two ok?” she asked quickly. Two? What is she on about? Oh the guy that just saved me? I looked at him to find him still clutching onto me and to find out it was that boy I had seen smoking not long ago.

He smiled at me. Why would he just smile at me like that? “Who are you? Why did you just save me?” I finally asked him ignoring the woman which I knew to be rude but right now I wanted to know why he had just saved me.

“Well I saw you and then you went onto the road. When I saw that car coming towards you I wasn’t going to just let it hit you was I. I just reacted with no thought but to save you,” he said to me.

“Oh right. Not like I need saving,” I said to him blankly.

“I think you do and not just from that car,” he winked at me as he got up and put his hand out for me to take. I looked at it for a second before I took his hand and he helped me to my feet.

“No I don’t,” I said to him firmly.

“You can keep telling yourself that but I know you do. We got a few cuts and grazes but I think nothing is that serious but I think he may need his head checked out just to be on the safe side,” he smiled to the woman. I looked at him. He has saved my life. As much as I’m not use to having any friends or being with anyone and no one understanding me. I have to be grateful to him.

“I will be fine,” I said.

“Hey stop thinking that what just happened is nothing. You need to go to the hospital just to be sure. I’m Kyle by the way,” he smiled at me.

“I’m Josh,” I said softly.

“Hey Josh I think you have gorgeous eyes.” Did he just say what I think he just said? Why would he like me? Why did he save my life? I don’t understand.

“Look Kyle thank you for saving my life, really but you really don’t want to help me any longer,” I said to him.

“I think I do Josh. As soon as I saw you I had a feeling it wouldn’t be my last and it won’t. I want you to go to the hospital to make sure you are fine and I’m coming with you. It’s the least you can do for me if not for yourself since I just saved your sexy ass,” he laughed winking at me again.

“Sure fine whatever,” I sighed and his face lit up even more.

“Let me give you two a ride there,” smiled the woman.

“Thanks,” smiled Kyle as he grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the car and pushed me inside before he got in after me. The woman started up her car and drove towards the hospital. Why am I even going to the hospital? I’m fine. What has Kyle got me into? Ok so I have myself to blame for not paying attention but think about it for a second. If my mum had picked me up I wouldn’t be here right now. It’s her fault.

“What are you thinking about?” asked Kyle. I hadn’t really paid much attention to him before. I looked right at him to notice how good looking he really was. How attractive he was to me. I’ve known for a very long time I’m gay. I can also tell when I meet a gay person. As much as it would seem impossible I know Kyle to be gay too.

“Nothing,” I said to him.

“Why do you keep blanking me out?” he asked.

I looked at him. “Maybe because we are strangers,” I said to him.

“Does that make a difference though? I mean can’t we not be strangers?” he asked.

“Why do you make things sound so...simple,” I finally said.

“I don’t I just look at the situation,” smiled Kyle as he looked me up and down. I shook my head.

“What bothers you?” he asked.

“What do you mean?” I asked him back.

“Do I bother you with what I have done since I saved you?” he asked.

I shook my head, “No not really.”

“That’s good.”

“Apart from this visit to the hospital it’s pointless I’m fine,” I said to him firmly.

“You are pretty fine,” he giggled.

“So you like to smoke then?” I asked him suddenly.

“Now and again yeah,” he spoke to me softly.

“Oh right,” I said looking out the window as we pulled outside the hospital.

“So you go to Long rail high school?” Kyle said as he touched my arm so I would turn to him.

“Lucky guess,” I said to him.

“Not really, you’re wearing uniform,” he laughed.

“Do you go school?” I asked him.

“Of course I do. It’s not around here though. It wasn’t open today teacher training,” said Kyle still smiling at me. How can he constantly smile like that?

We got out the car and the woman led us into the emergency unit “These two have just been in accident I nearly ran over this young man Josh and Kyle saved him,” the woman began to explain what had happened. I looked at Kyle and I smiled at him for the first time but I had no idea why. He is the first person to make me feel important somehow.

-----------------------------

Here you go guys a treat

An very early upload on this

I will now be focusing on my other stories and then i will upload on this and acceptance after them

Thanks for reading

Feedback would mean a lot guys

Vote if u want too but only if u want too :)