Crazy 'Bout Cornish

This is my first fan fiction so feel free to leave any comments; what you like/don't like... Enjoy. :)

Warning: Explicit content used. ;)

It was time. A new place. Another chance. Time to start fresh on a happier life; away from all of the toxic events and troubles, and time to start living my life properly and chase my dreams. I can finally feel free and move forward.

“Oi Mel, you gonna help or what?” Scarlet interrupted my daydream as she was struggling to pull a suitcase from the boot of the car. I let out a sigh of content as I opened my car door and pulled myself out. I walked around to the back of the car as Scarlet pulled out the first of her suitcases.

“Oww, shit!” she swore, as the suitcase landed heavily on her foot. I stood there with my hand near my mouth trying desperately not to laugh at her but I couldn’t help but let out a little snigger.

“Instead of just standing there and laughing at me being in pain, you could help unload the car?” she winked as she started to pull out her next suitcase, a little more carefully this time. 

“You should be more careful” I laughed, “You need those feet for your audition next month.”  I winked at her back before she suddenly wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me tightly. “Thank you for moving to London with me.” I muffled into her long, blonde hair which was literally all over my face as the wind blew gently around us. She stepped back and held me at arm’s length.

“You don’t need to thank me. I’ll always be here for you, just like you are for me.” She said, “I’m just thankful that I get the chance to move to such an incredible place. There are so many more amazing opportunities for us here.” Scarlet has always wanted to be a performer, ever since a young age. She is amazing though, such a good dancer and she has the most amazing voice. She has a dance audition next month to be in a new music video. I have so much faith in her; she deserves all the success in the world. I, on the other hand, aren’t really the performing type, I’d rather sit down at a desk and sketch. I absolutely love designing clothes and I’m hoping to become a fashion designer and create my own fashion line.

“Remember me when you’re famous?” I teased reassuringly. She raised an eyebrow at me but then gave me a huge, cheesy smile.

“Of course I will” She started, “We’ll be just like Jessie and Holly.” She stood there with a huge grin on her face. I rolled my eyes and chuckled to myself. She is literally obsessed with Jessie J, she doesn’t stop talking about her. I don’t always listen but whenever she’s talking I know that it’s something about her. I’m not really into the modern pop stuff. I prefer the older music which Scarlet calls boring; but I like it.

“Okay… Holly is Jessie J’s best friend right?” I asked. She stared at me with a surprised, happy expression on her face.

“Aww, you remembered!” She stood there applauding me.

I laughed slightly, “Of course, I do pay attention to some things you say, you know” I nudged her playfully. She looked down slightly and smiled to herself. “Come on, let’s get our stuff inside and unpacked” I announced as I started hauling out another suitcase. We both dragged all of our suitcases to the front door and placed them just inside. We both stood there for a while looking around, at what we could now call, our home. I looked down at my watch to see that the time was already 6 o’clock PM. “Shit Scar, It’s already six! We should get a quick bite to eat and have an early night. What d’ya say?” I asked.

“Sounds good to me” she replied as she yawned, “I’m starving, let alone tired.” We had been travelling all day to get down to London and we were both exhausted. We decided to go to the local cafe, which we found quite easily, and had a little something to eat before we went back to our apartment and got an early night. After a lot of complaining and numerous games of ‘Rock, paper, scissors’ it was settled that I would have the bigger bedroom. We had all of our furniture and bits and bobs moved over the week before so thank goodness that was sorted. We now had a day of unpacking and sorting ahead of us and then we can explore the area.

I'm sorry that this part is so short, it's just getting into the story. I will try and make all of my other parts longer. :)