Chapter 6

Chapter Six

Alice

What the...my head hit a tree, it hurt but would heal. I only had a splitting headache for a fraction of a second. What hit me?Carlisle ran up to me and asked if I were alright. I was. Now I was just mad. I wanted to know what did this to me and I voiced my concerns.

“Alice, it happened to all of us at the same time.” Carlisle informed me.

“Well what was it? What could do that?”

Edward and Carlisle and Emmett stood in front of me; Carlisle was calm, but Edward and Emmett weren't. I shared their irritation, but it was Carlisle that began to speak interrupting our outrage.

“I know what did this.”

“Well by all means, do tell.” Edward said.

“This Gabriel is working with a witch. It's a powerful witch too. I haven't ran across one in over a hundred years. Their aren't many of the real ones left. Most of them were destroyed;ambushed by our kind. This Gabriel has found one, which is quite rare these days...”

“A witch? I didn't think they existed at all.”

“I couldn't read his mind in the house. The witch must have stopped me from being able to read him.” Edward said under bated breath.

“Edward I know you want to get her away from him, but I think what needs to be done is to let Bella come to us on her terms. We cannot blame her for feeling the way she has. We should go and give her time to absorb that we are back.”

“You want me to leave her here with...him?”

“Edward, I don't believe that Bella is in immediate danger. We must allow her to decide whether or not she wants to see us and this is not the way unfortunately. Let's go to the house.” Carlisle gestured.

“I didn't think it would turn out this way. I thought...”

“Well maybe you shouldn't think at all, Eddie boy. What did you expect? You left her.” Emmett barked out.

“I know perfectly well what I did Emmett, but I did it for her, she has to know that.”

“I don't think she does bro. You told her that she was a mistake. You can't expect too much from her so soon. Let's go back to the house. Carlisle is right...she needs time.”

*****

I smiled hearing their conversation outside. Of course they would believe that I was working with a witch and not a witch myself. My smile caught the attention of Bella, she smiled in confusion wondering what I was thinking about. Edward quickly realized that trying to head towards the house wasn't working to his advantage and it gave Bella a few moments to calm down and now she was looking at me to say something.

“This is really...real isn't it; you being a witch?”

I snickered lightly to myself, but then a thought occurred to me. The Cullen's are here and I cannot allow Bella to tell them about this. I had no choice but to be firm on this and hope that she understood.

“Bella, I need you to make a promise for me, can you do that?”

Bella sat uncomfortably at first, her shoulders inward and her arms hugging herself. “You don't want anyone to know that you are...both, right?”

This delicate feather of a human was amazing. I wondered how she knew what I was talking about, but I just had a feeling that she was just more inclined to understand my world than most. Almost as if she belonged here. Did she belong here? Were we brought together for a reason? Could there be more to us than friends? Ah, the questions were hurting my brain. I don't know how she knew, but I was happy that she did.