Chapter 5

Okay here is the next chapter, but I have to warn you that I was very tired when writing it so I hope it's not full of mistakes and I seriously hope it makes sense. If not please tell me if it makes no sense and I will re-write it. Thanks J

                                                                            Chapter Five

That next morning I woke up, in a bed that wasn't mine, a bed that belonged to a...vampire or...okay, blood witch that didn't have the need for a bed. As weird as it should have been for me, I wasn't at all uncomfortable. I woke up refreshed with a ton of questions that I wanted to know the answers to. For someone that never slept sure was quiet around the house. I didn't hear one sound. I sighed trying to decide where he may have gone but that sigh brought a nasty smell emanating from my mouth. That god awful morning breath is what it was. Gabriel showed me where the bathroom was last night, so I walked out to the pantry and grabbed a towel and ran for the bathroom, just in case he came home too soon and smelled my breath, but I was ambushed; I tell you..it was ambush plain and simple by a body that was...

“Hello Bella, I didn't realize that knocking was only specifically set as a preference for some.” He chuckled lightly with a smile that shined so...bright.

IDIOT ANYONE? I swear I didn't hear a sound throughout the house, yet here he stood, a towel wrapped around his waist with pearls of water covering his broad and lightly tan shoulders and his hair...don't get me started on his wet mangled locks that hung just above his shoulders as his whole head tilted down and his eyes lifted to look slightly up at me in that way that made your knees weak. Oh man was I in trouble. His smile grew even bigger when he noticed that I couldn't move or for that matter talk...at all. For some stupid reason the only thing that I could do was to cover my gaping mouth with my hand and turn around and walk out of the room. I stood there against the door for what seemed like a century and out of nowhere the door...

“Ouch!”

Really? Could I even begin to get anymore embarrassed then I was already? I fell backwards to guess where...back in the bathroom and yes he was right there to stop me from hurting myself with only that...(clearing my throat) towel on. Oh how it was snug up against his hips. One side of my brain said, Stop it Bella, stop it and the other said, wow is he...beautiful, the way his curved hips held on so tightly to the fabric of the towel. I then realized that his arms were wrapped around me and his tight muscled chest was...(again I feel the need to clear my throat) staring me down.

“Bella, you're quite funny in situations such as this, but are you alright? I didn't mean to open the door on you like that. I wasn't paying attention to hear if you walked away. I was...I was, uh, thinking about something. I would have never opened it if I knew you were still there which brings me to ask; why were you standing against the door?”

Did he really think I would answer that? Never in a million years. I pulled myself up with a little help from Gabriel and then witnessed again his chest very close. The room felt as if it were closing in on us or...me. In a split second I felt Gabriel brush his right hand underneath my hair at the nape of my neck leaving a sensation that I thought didn't exist anymore. Without reason or explanation I held my face up to his and...my breathing hindered me from saying a word and Gabriel's face came...closer to mine, his lips begging to meet with mine and...and...I pulled away. Completely pulled my entire body from his and stood frigid. Gabriel let his hands rest to his sides as I could clearly him gulp hard.

“I'm so sorry Bella. I...”

“No, no...It's...fine...really. It's just that...” How was I supposed to explain this to him. I didn't know it at first, but after Ed-I just couldn't let myself believe in happy endings anymore. I pressed my hands against my not so clean jeans from the night before and tried again. “Gabriel, It's not that I don't think you're incredibly gorgeous...” Oh this wasn't working right. “I mean...”