Yes Boss! - 6

Chapter 6- In which she reconnects

"Elena, she's our half-sister."

My ears are probably ringing from hugging him so tightly. "Excuse me? Am I halluci-hearing things, if that is even a word, or did you just say that the bimbo at your table is our half-sister?"

Elijah sighed. "No Elle, that is not a word and yes...I did just say that the woman at my table is our half-sister," he finished uncomfortably. "Look, I know this is a lot to take in, but-"

"That bastard!" I was beyond pissed. I wanted to murder someone, a.k.a, my oh-so loving father, Victor McKenna. " She died, Elijah! Mom is dead because of that bastard! He even abandoned me because he said he didn't want a daughter; he said he was with our mother only to have a son! And now you're telling me that he had a daughter from his marriage? That my existence meant nothing to him?"

I hadn't realized I was crying until Elijah wiped my cheeks and hugged me to his chest. I was furious at the wretched man who had taken away everything from me but I was also mad at Elijah for not telling me, so I pushed away from him, ignoring the hurt look on his face but he caught my arm before I could leave.

"Listen to me Elena! I know you're mad, okay! I know that you're hurt, but I couldn't tell you this exactly for that reason. I tried, I really did, but how could I tell my own little sister that our father refused to accept her as his own not because he didn't want a daughter, but he already had a daughter from his marriage." Elijah's grip on my arm was like a vice and I understood that this was just as hard for him as it was for me.

"That's why we're doing this Elena. We will take away everything from him as he did from us. We will ruin him. But I can't do this alone Elle, I need you with me," he held my shoulders and looked into my eyes as he spoke. "Are you with me?"

"Always, big brother," I promised him.

"Good," he said and placed a tender kiss on my forehead. "I'm working on something, I can't tell you yet but I will soon. Now, no one can see us together okay. Let's clean up and leave. I'll call you tonight. Are you alright? Will you be able to get home safely?"

No! I wanted to scream. I just found out that my bastard of a father had another daughter from his officially wedded wife and that I had never meant anything to him and he expects me to be okay? For years I'd thought that there might be still some place in heart for me, that he might not really be as cruel as I thought he could be, but today all those hopes had been completely shattered into pieces. But I couldn't show just how upset I was in front of Elijah, not now when I was finally here and we were working together on our plan.

"Yes," I told him with a forced smile. "I'll be fine. We should get back to our tables."With that I gave him one last hug and we parted ways.

After washing up my face in the washroom, I quickly made my way over to where Nathan was sitting patiently, the bill already paid and our table cleared out.

"Wow! That was quick," he said sarcastically.

"I'm really sorry," I apologized. "There was a bit of a queue inside the washroom. You done?"

"Yeah. Let's go," he said getting up from his seat and helped me out of my chair.

"Not bad, Mr. Synclair. You've grown over the years," I joked hoping to lighten the mood for both me and him as we walked out of the restaurant, but a sad expression crossed his face.

"You know, back in high school, I always made fun of how serious you were, how...uneventful. While I lived everyday joking and playing around without a care in the world. I never cared about the future or what it held for me...not until it was too late," he looked up at the star filled sky as we the reached his car in the parking lot.

"My family, my dad, mom and my elder brother had all gone to attend some charity event. I was supposed to go too, but I bailed. I was out all night partying with the people I considered my friends and screwing some chick I don't even remember the name of. When I came back home in the morning and found out that they hadn't returned, I got worried. It was around noon when the police finally arrived. A truck had run into their car. The driver was drunk so he couldn't press the brakes on time. Dead. Just like that. They were all dead." He leaned his back against the car and rubbed at his eyes with his fingers. "It took for them to die for me to understand my responsibilities, my obligations. I just wish it had been earlier, so I could've been there for them when they needed me."

I don't know what came over me. It was as if I was on autopilot, but the next thing I know, I had thrown my arms around him tight and was crying on his shoulders. Maybe it wasn't just the way how Nathan looked so alone and lost when he told me his story, maybe it was also because of how I'd learned just now that my father had never wanted me, but I was letting it all out. All the frustration and years of pain all bottled up inside of me. He didn't complain though. Instead, he too wrapped his arms around my waist and held on to me as tight as he could.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered to him through my tears.

"I never understood what you'd been through in your life, not until I had experienced the same things." He whispered into my ear. "It makes me respect you more for it. I never imagined I could lose them; they were like pillars in my life that I never knew how desperately I needed until they were gone."

I couldn't correct Nathan that I wasn't all that great, that I was about to ruin someone's life by hook or by crook. And that someone just so happened to be my father, someone who everyone though had left long before I was born. I couldn't tell him that I had a twin brother who had been ripped away from be right after birth. So I let Nathan believe that we were similar in our grief, that just like I had lost my mother right before I had entered high school, he too had lost his parents when he was in college.

And for a few precious moments, wrapped in Nathan's arms, even I could believe that everything was normal. For these few seconds, I could belief that my father could never be as cruel as to leave me alone with my heartbroken mother, never to return to us again.

#############################

As I've said before, the full story is available for free on Ficfun.com. So please go over there and type Yes Boss! to get the full story.

And I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment.

Enjoy!!♡♥♡