Their reunion

Takao's inner monologue.

My heart stopped when I heard the news.

It's as if my hope was taken from me.

My world stopped.

It was awful.

"I found something that I love more, Takao. It's you."

Stupid ace-sama. If it's true, then don't you dare leave me again.

..

..

Midorima's inner monologue.

We've come this far nodayo.

You've been part of my life all this while.

It was silly of me to notice it late.

But, the moment I found out you're leaving me, I couldn't take it.

"..I've loved you first and I've loved you for so long, you baka!!"

Idiot Takao. Come back to me then, if what I heard is real.

..

..

"Hey! Watch where're you going!"

"HEY! NO RUNNING IN THE HALL!"

Uproars were heard in the hallway to Room 106 on the east wing of hospital when a high school boy bumped and crashed into people and things as he ran. "Sorry. Sorry.", was all he can muttered under the shortness of breath he's trying to catch. His visions were blur due to the tears that can't stop flowing. He wiped and wiped it over and over again, yet it still flowing. It hurts. His heart thudded so loud and it hurts.

Just at the corner of the hallway, there stood a small table with a porcelain vase decorated with wild flowers. It was meant to liven up the dead white surrounding of the hospital wall. However, it proves to be a hazard for a particular boy that's running in the hall when he stumbled upon it. The vase broke, the flowers scattered and a boy lied down, sobbing his heart out while clutching onto a calligraphy brush. "No, no, no. I need to see him. I need to see Shin-chan.", he uttered in between his sobs.

Gasping from nearby nurses were audible as they rushed towards to check on Takao. "Oh my god, sir, you're bleeding. We need to patch you up, can you get up, sir?" one of the nurse realized the cut on Takao's hand due to the broken vase. But, he pulled away from her, keeps mentioning that he needs to see Shin-chan. The nurse was reluctant to let him go as the cut looks very deep. "No, sir, I can't let you go like this. The cut is deep, you need to come with me."

"Stop! Don't you understand? I need to go see Shin-chan. I need to go.." he cries out. "It might be too late already.. Shin-chan ah~" his voice cracked. "But sir, your hand.." the nurse tried to calmed him down, but to no avail as he slumped down and cried harder.

Unbeknownst to Takao, Midorima seen everything. Pain decorated his face features when he sees the broken Takao screaming to see him. At one point, he felt relieved and happy to see Takao's true feeling. But, he regretted straight away. Takao, his shadow, was utterly broken to the fake news of him being in critical state. Despite him getting hurt, all he ever wants is too see Midorima. Midorima felt guilty for lying to him.

Still limping, Midorima slowly approached Takao. He gestured the nearby nurse to let him try to talk to Takao as he crouched down. "Takao.." he called out.

As fast as lightning bolt, he shot up his head towards the source of the sound that called out his name. "Shin-chan.." he replied. Midorima smiled as he holds Takao's injured hand, "Let's get you patched up-nodayo, shall we?" Dumbfounded, Takao nodded away and was carried away by the nurse.

Midorima waited outside for Takao as the nurse finished up. Takao came out of the room and was greeted with Midorima. All the memories came crashing down on Takao as he looked into Midorima's eyes. "You lied.." his eyes shouted disbelief. "I can't believe you made fun of me, of yourself. I can't I believe I cried for this stupid scam!" he grunted at Midorima.

A calligraphy brush was thrown at Midorima and dropped onto the floor. His lips tightened up into a thin line as the brush rolled away. "Takao.." he called out. But, the hawkeye boy was furious and was not in the mood to humour Midorima. Not after all the humiliation he felt, no. "Stop.. I can't look at you right now." He turned and starts to walk away.

Suddenly, his tracks were stopped. Midorima caught him in an embrace from behind. "If I don't do this, were you ever gonna come and see me again?", he asked. Takao's gut churned at his voice. There was some truth in what he said. Were he ever going to face Midorima after all this. "Please.. don't go." The embrace tightened as Midorima whispered those three words to Takao. Takao squirmed his body around trying to get away, but Midorima doesn't let go.

"Fine.. lets talk then." Takao gave up to Midorima's resolve.

Author's note:

This story is finally coming to an end. I sincerely hope that the next chapter will be the last one. I'm so sorry that both of them seems OOC. I've left this story for too long and my initial idea, i couldn't seem to remember it. The more I write the more it strayed away I think. But, I really want to finish this up. So, it became like this. I'm so sorry if it's too cliché and boring. This is the best I can do for now. Hope you enjoy it.