Chained.. Break Free

Days went by slowly as he watched Takao coming in and out of the room. Every single day he'll brought his lucky item and his favourite Shiroku drink. Every single day without failing, he will hear him mutters, "I'm sorry, Shin-chan".

His heart clenched and beats so hard, so painfully when he sees that Takao changed from bad to worse. Every time Takao cries and sobs into his hand, all he wanted to do was to hug that hawkeye tight.

But, he can't.

For some particular reason, his soul is trapped in this unknown dark place. He tried to scream, he tried to find a way out. But, he was chained up. Not literally, but he felt it. He's chained up, his heart is.

He couldn't forget Takao's crying face in the gym on the night of accident. He couldn't forget how Takao was so fatigue, being his shadow. He failed as his light. He failed to recognize the stress Takao has been hiding under his cheerfulness.

And once again, him being so arrogantly asking Takao to stay in the club and offered to leave. He realized that he has put another pressure on Takao. He was rejected outright at that moment. He deserved it.

He's rejected and now he doesn't know if Takao will believe him if he says he truly loves him. This feeling he felt in his heart, it's aching, it's slowly builds up, and it's too much to keep it contained anymore.

He doesn't want to make Takao cry. He can't force his love on Takao if it's too much.

Nonetheless, all he did made Takao cries even harder. Even when he is lying on the bed, Takao is still crying, and blaming himself. He can't bring himself to meet Takao when he's the one pushing Takao into this state.

He's chained. Chained by his own indecisiveness. Chained by his own selfishness. chained by his own fear. Chained by his own love for Takao.

"Takao.. don't cry. I didn't mean to make you cry so much. I didn't know you've been under stress. I'm such a bad friend, aren't I? I didn't even realize my own feelings until I was almost losing you. I thought you will understand if I confess. I thought you will feel the same." He chuckles after awhile. "I guess it's foolish of me for being so selfish nodayo".

The dark surrounding seems to becoming darker and it's harder for Midorima to hear Takao's voice. Falling into numbness, maybe just maybe, I should leave him for good.. he thought to himself..

[Faint voice] "After I said such harsh words to you, I wonder if you hate me now Shin-chan?.... I've loved you first... I've loved you for so long, you baka!!... Shin-chan~ I love you, I love you! I love you Shin-chan!!"

[Chains broken sound] "Takao!!!"

..

..

Is this real? Do you reciprocate my feeling, Takao? Because if you are, I think.. I can finally go back and face you. I want to go back to you.

Just then, Midorima eyes flickered and they opened up. It was blur but he felt the warmth beside his arms. A figure that can't stop sobbing into his hands, his shadow. "Takao.."

Takao looked up and smiled at him. It was great to be alive, he thought to himself. 

//

Author's note:

Sorry for the delayed update. Urghh i want to finish up so bad. But, i want to make sure the stories are understandable from both their P.O.V. I hope it's understandable though >.< I love y'all that has been such encouraging and loyal, and patient with me so far. I know i'm really not good at keeping this up. I'm just so sorry about this. I've been having writer's block [pfft, to call myself a writer] and i just don't have the inspiration at all. My vocabs are just not beautiful and I don't want to make a story that's not beautiful. That's why I am really sincerely apologizing to you all for having to wait for such long time for the updates. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It's not long but I hope you guys can understand what happens in Midorima.