CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Phone conversation between Dara and Jiyong that night :

"Hey."

- "Hey. Hm i'm sorry because we couldn't go shopping today."

"No, it's okay. I went with Durami. I even bought your tie."

- "Oh really? The thing is..... *sighing* i'm not sure if i can go to the event or not."

"Do you want to talk about what had happened?"

- *silence*

"Are you feel bad for always telling me your problems? I don't mind, though. You can talk to me."

- "No, it's not that."

".......then?"

- "Dara, i'm sorry."

"Jiyong, why?"

- "I lied to you."

"......."

- "......."

"About what?"

- "Please don't freak out."

".....okay....."

- "Do you remember when i need to stay at the hospital? I told you the sleeping pills thingy right?"

"Uh-hm."

- "........."

" *sighing* Jiyong, just.....just tell me okay?"

- "I........i.......have....cancer..."

What?

"What are you talking about?"

- "Dara, i have cancer."

" *silent* "

- "Dara, i'll come to your house and explain everything, okay? Wait for me."

"..........okay.........."

I didn't want him to come. I need time. Time to digest the thing that he said just now.

I was still thinking about it when i heard something knocking my bedroom window. Someone threw rocks. I knew it was Jiyong.

I was still trying to hold back my tears. I didn't want to cry; not until he explained everything to me.

Well, i do hope i'll not cry in front of him after he tell me the truth.

But i know myself well; i'll definitely cry.

Inhaled. Exhaled. Inhaled. Exhaled. I opened the window. I helped him to enter my room. Then, we both lay on my bed; he rubbed my head.

We both didn't say anything for a while. I didn't want to say anything because i was afraid if i'm going to cry. So, i just waited for him to explain.

He cleared his throat. He said, "I have brain cancer. Since 2 years ago." I closed my eyes. 'Dara, please. Don't cry.' He continued, "Only my aunt and my uncle who know about this. My father didn't know about this at all, until today......."

"My father came to my house because my uncle told him about the event. He was pretty excited, you know. He wanted to hear me singing because it has been a long time since he heard me singing."

"So my uncle and aunt were at the kitchen while my father was sitting on the living room when our house phone rang. Before my uncle or my aunt could answer it, my father has already answered it."

"My uncle and my aunt were hoping that the call was not from my doctor; who wanted to ask me to come for an appointment tomorrow. Unfortunately, it is my doctor."

"My father got mad and scolded me, like what you saw this morning." He sighed. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless.

I barely listened to his story, the only thought that kept crossing my mind, the boy i love has cancer.

I couldn't hold back my tears anymore. I put my face on his face and cried. He rubbed my head and kept repeating, "I'm sorry." , "I'm sorry" , "I'm sorry."

I think i cried for almost 2 hours. After that, i said to him, "Please don't skip your appointment or treatment or anything. Please, don't leave me alone."

Please, don't die.

"I'm getting better, don't worry. A lot of people out there survived from cancer." He said. I asked, "So why did you stay at the hospital last week?"

"Um.....the treatment didn't went well.....but i'm getting better since that day. Believe me, Dara. I'm getting better. I might 100% free from cancer by the end of the next year, you know."

I didn't say anything. He said, "Dara, please believe me." I nodded weakly. He sighed and said, "I don't know if i can come or not for tomorrow's event. My father is so angry with me."

"I don't care with the event anymore, Jiyong." I said. He quickly said, "Don't say like that! What if i do come tomorrow? Don't you want to sing with me?"

"I'm sorry i don't mean like that -" I lost my words. But he didn't mad at me. Maybe he felt guilty about not telling me more early that he has cancer.

"Hey, i will text you before 5 p.m. whether i'm coming or not, alright?" He said and smiled. Before he went back home, we kissed and i cried again. He said to me don't be silly; even though i was sure i saw his eyes were teary.

Before he climbed out the window, i said, "I love you, Jiyong."

"I love you too, Dara."

"Please don't leave me."

"I'll never leave you."

And we hugged.