CHAPTER FIVE

"Hey, do you girls heard about the upcoming school event?" Suzy said that morning. Taeyeon answered, "Yes, i heard some freshman talked about it. Is it too early to organize an event?"

"This event will be different. There will be lots of contests and the contests are so amazing!" Suzy said while clapping her hands. I suddenly felt interested so i asked, "What are the contests?"

"The main contest is the Student's King and Queen. So its like prom night; you need a partner. I've been planning to ask Jongsuk!" Suzy said. I rolled my eyes as i said, "So what are the other contests?"

"Dance battle, singing......" i screamed, "DO YOU SAID SINGING?!" Taeyeon was so suprised with my action and said, "Wow girl, calm down. Why are you so excited?"

"Nothing." I said, smiling. Taeyeon said, "I'm sure there are bunch of guys will ask Dara to be their partner for the event. While me..."

Suzy blinked her eyes as she said, "Come on Taeyeon! You're pretty! I am so confident that you and Dara will get a partner 10x faster than me."
I looked at her and said, "If someone ask you to be his partner do you accept? Well because you want Jongsuk right?"

She said, "I don't know and i don't want to think about it because i'm sure Jongsuk will accept my invitation!" Taeyeon patted her shoulder and said, "Yaa, goodluck Suzy."

While we were talking suddenly, Park Chanyeol, the school basketball player approached our desk. He looked at me and said, "Hey Dara. Um do you mind going to the event with me?"

Suzy looked at me with an enviness look. I looked with at Park Chanyeol with a sorry look and said, "I'm sorry." Park Chanyeol looked hurted as he walked away.

Taeyeon stared at me and said, "Dara, you just rejected Park Chanyeol's invitation. You're crazy." Suzy looked mad as she said, "Yeah, you're crazy. Wait, do you have someone in your mind?"

I said, quickly, "No-i-don't." And of course, Taeyeon didn't believe me. "You're a liar."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

At English, i received a text from Jiyong. When Mr.Kim busied writting notes on the whiteboard, i read the text,

'Go 2 da rooftop at luncj'

I laughed and i quickly closed my mouth. Thank god Mr.Kim didn't seem to notice. Jiyong's text was so cute. Even the typo. He must be in a hurried because he was in class.

I texted back,

'Alrighr"

And i bursted into laughter.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

I arrived at the rooftop 10 minutes late because after i handed Mr.Kim my redo essay, he complimented me and i didn't even focused on him. I kept thinking about Kwon Ji Yong.

I saw him sitting the bench and holding the banana yogurt drink as usual. I smiled as i approached him. He smiled back and handed me the drink.

After i said thank you, i said again, "Why do you like this drink so much? And how can you only drink this on lunch? Like... you should take a proper meal to stay healthy."

He smiled and said, "I don't know.... Maybe because my mom usually bought me this when i was a kid.... She passed away 5 years ago btw." I quickly said, "I'm sorry." And i asked carefully, "So you're staying with your dad now?"

"No, he had a new family since two years ago and they moved to Jeju. I didn't want to move because i love to live here. Our relationship are still good though, he always visit me here. I lived with my uncle and aunt." He said.

"I'm glad you feel comfortable telling me all these things." I said, smiling. He looked at me and smiled too. We smiled a lot today. He said, "We're friends now, right?" You should also tell me more about you."

I said, "Of course. But why do you want to meet me?" He hesitated for a while. He rubbed his head and said, "Sandara Park, will you go to the event with me?"

I smiled and said, "Of course! I've been planning to ask you but you ask me first so hahaha." He grinned. I said again, "So do you want to take part in the singing competition?"

He quickly said, "Absolutely."

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

Music class was the last class for that day. On our way to the class, i realized that Suzy was not in a good mood. It was a rare thing because Suzy was a happy-go-lucky girl.

I asked, "Suzy, what's going on?" She looked at me and i saw tears in her eyes. She hugged Taeyeon and me and said, "Jongsuk.....didn't......a.....ccept.....my.....invitation..."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. I pinched Taeyeon's arm and said to Suzy, "Suzy, i know Jongsuk's rejection caught you off guard but never accept rejection as failure. I'm sure someone will ask you."

I looked at Taeyeon and Taeyeon sighed before she said, "Yeah Suzy, who doesn't want you right?" Suzy said, still sobbing, "Jongsuk doesn't want me!"

I looked at Taeyeon and mouthed, 'You're not helping.'  She mouthed back 'I'm trying duh.'  The bell rang. I wiped Suzy's tears and we ran to music class.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

After class ended, Jiyong approached my desk and said, "Dara, should we started our practice today?" Suzy suddenly cried out loud. Taeyeon looked annoyed while patted her back.

'What's wrong?'  whispered Jiyong. I want to laugh because he looked so scared. I whispered back, 'Her crush rejected her. Taeyeon and i need to spend our whole day with her so i can't practice today. Sorry.'

He smiled and quickly said, "Don't be sorry. How about tomorrow?" I smiled back, "Cool."