Sacrifice

May 17th, 2014

Lebanon, Kansas

Alex pulled her blonde hair back from her face as she peered into the Men of Letters mirror, trying to brush back the tangles the best she could. Goosebumps dotted her skin, and the angel momentarily regretted only putting on a thin tank-top and a pair of running shorts. Her fingers dropped down to trace the mark on her neck, left by Castiel's teeth only a few hours before, and she frowned slightly.

"Alex?" Arms enveloped her waist, and Alex leaned back into Castiel's bare chest. His grace brushed against hers, and Alex closed her eyes as she felt it twist beneath her skin, moving alongside hers.

The young angel hummed out her own greeting. "How long will this stay visible?" she asked softly.

Castiel ran light fingers over the mark, and it faded under his touch. "There." His hand returned to her stomach, and Alex leaned her cheek up against his. "Is that better?"

The young angel reached up to feel her skin, but any physical trace of its presence was gone. "Much, I think." Her wings twitched slightly, feathers crushed against the seraph's chest, and her hand dropped to cover his. "And then it's just ... gone? Just like that?"

In response, Castiel's grace pushed up against her shoulder, and Alex watched in the mirror as the mark glowed a bright blue. His fingers brushed along her skin, and Alex's eyes fell closed as she remembered.

She remembered how his hands had moved down her sides, soft and hesitant at first, but gaining confidence with each passing minute.

She remembered how his warm lips had peppered kisses across her skin, light, barely-there whispers across her stomach followed by a sharp, teasing nip that had the angel squeaking in surprise.

She remembered the way his skin had felt against hers, warm and soft beneath her fingertips, a sharp contrast to the coarse brush of his long, blue feathers on her back as they wrapped around her, sheltering them from the outside world.

And she remembered how his teeth had dug sharply into her skin, breaking through her vessel to her grace beneath, and how their graces had collided in an explosion of pure warmth, twisting and melting together until they were one.

The seraph's voice drew her back into the present. "This is an open portal to your — to our — grace. Don't let any other angel near it, understand?"

"Yeah, I understand." Alex looked up into the mirror and smiled at their reflection, and she tipped her head to bump it against her mates'. Her mate's — for real this time. He was her mate, and she was his. "And it just stays ... open like that?"

"It's only complete when we are one." To prove his point, Castiel dipped his head, his teeth brushing across her shoulder. The mark lit up, her grace sparking up through her skin, and Alex wiggled playfully at the feeling as his grace swirling within her. Lucifer's grace was no more, vanquished the moment Castiel's grace had swept through hers, burning away the devil's touch.

She was pulled out of her thoughts when Castiel pressed a kiss on her neck, and she let out a hum. "Yes? What do you want?"

"I have what I want." Blue and black wings folded around her, filling her vision, and Alex leaned back into him, curling her fingers around his wrists as the seraph's hands slipped under the hem of her tank top to rest against her stomach. Gold now flecked his feathers, and Alex knew that her own vanes had patches of blue mingled in near the gold.

Alex? Where are you?

Alex let out a loud groan as Sam's voice broke through her head, and she tipped her head back to rest on Castiel's warm shoulder as she stared up at the stone ceiling. "Sam's praying to me," she muttered.