Blue Glow

As we jouneyed down the long long underground cave we stayed almost completly quiet until Yinlel chose to break the silence.

" Things are going to be very diffrent when we get back" He stated. I knew he was right but in how many ways was he thinking?

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Well first off we will be some kind of heros" he said with a grin and continued, "Plus you have magic now, You will probably start training to take over for your mother when she is past age." I shook my head at this.

"No." I said.

"Why not?" He asked still looking straight ahead as we walked.

"She left me and my father... well she left me just because I embarrased her. She did not love me when I needed a Mother why should I just let her back in now that I have magic when she did not want to love me when I did. A persons magic is no reason to love them." I said looking down at my feet the whole time. The power in my voice was unmistakeable.

" you know you would still make an amazing leader. Even if you never accepted her as your mother, the tribe will still need you." He said in a soft voice that hinted at wanting to say more but did not.

"T..Thank you" I stuttered before we lapsed back into silence.

We were inturupted only once more when Yelix woke coughing horribly. I tried to use my new healing magic on him but it did not work. It became painfully clear to us that this illness, whatever it was was created spicificaly to weaken our kind and nothing we could do would save us exceppt for the moonstones,... we hoped.

Soon after Yelix driffted off to sleep a faint blue glow became visable in the tunnel.

"Yinlel hurry up! I think we are getting closer!" I called to Yinlel who was falling behind. He quickly caught up and looked at me funny.

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

I looked at him then pointed to the glow, "Look there! can you not see it?" I asked.

"See what Anya? there is nothing there to see except for a wall." His brow furrowed as he spoke.

I could feel my face drop into a crestfallen expression of hopelessness. He could not see it. was I going insane? Was I falling ill as well?

Yinlel seemed to notice my sudden worry. "What is it Anya? What do you see?" He asked me smiling a bit to cheer me up.

"The cave does not have a wall, it continues on and there is a glow. A dim blue glow , it feels right" I said not sure how to discribe the feeling I had about the path.

"Do you think the glow is the moonstones?" He asked hopefully.

I did not think it was. I was sure that the moonstones were in that valley, the one from my dreams and I doubted that the valley was in the cave, but I wasn't going to tell Yinlel that. I shrugged.

"Possibly" I replied and smiled but the smile quickly shifted to a frown. "All you see is a a wall" I said in a defeated voice.

Yinlel replied with a shrug then a smile, "Anya I knew from the start that this was your job, not mine. You need to keep going, I will wait here with Yelix." He said.

I frowned. "No. I am not going tp just leave you and Yelix here" I said firmly. I heard him let out a sigh and he opened his mouth to speak when I heard them. I acted quickly and put my hand over Yinlels mouth to keep him quiet and pulled us into the shadows of the cave.

"I swear man, I saw the little brat come down here, If he's here we know she will be to" the all to firmilar voice said.

I pulled us further back into the nook as the voices of my attackers came nearer. I could hear Yinlel's intake of breath. I hoped he would not do anything rash. Suddenly one of the men, the one I never caught the name of came into view. he was looking around for something, probably us.

"Serisouly man nothing's here except for this big ol' wall. Let's go before we waste anymore time" The other man said but we couldn't see him at all.

Just then Yelix awoke crying. He could not have had worse timing. The un-named man turned to us in that instant and grinned , madly pleased with himself like he had just struck gold in the barren ridge. He charged at us and Yinlel threw me behind him. We were all still stuck in our little nook so the man had us cornered.

The man swiped his hand down to plant a painful sounding blow to Yinlel's face. I growled in rage to see him hurt but could not do a thing about it I was so confinned in the corner. Yinlel held up his hand and an invisable beam of hot air shot from his hand and right into the attackers face.

The man stumbled back and yelled in a mix of anger and pain. Yinlel and I took this as an oppertunity to leave our conffied nook. We saw that the other man had left long ago. Our attacker stood up and stumbled to us swinging his fists. I ducked out of the way of one hit just to be hit by another. Yinlel was enraged now. He shot another blast of hot air at the man then kicked him when he fell. I decided now would be a good time to do something. I placed my hands on the dirt and rock side of the cave and closed my eyes just feeling the earth. I tried to drown out the sounds of Yelix's cries and Yinlel and the man fighting. It took a LOT of focus.

Suddenly I could feel the ground around me rumble. Yelix's cries cesed. I could hear the fighting stop and I knew they were all standing in surprise.

Yinlel P.O.V

The man who wanted to hurt my Anya swung at me. I did not mean to think of her as My anya but the thought had come unwillingly even though I welcomed it once it came. I was angry at him now. He had punched Anya and he wanted to take her again. I wanted to be done with him. I sent another blast of hot air at him and Anya slunk back behind me putting her hand on the wall and closing her eyes.

Was she hurt?! was she sick as well?! oh please no. not her to.

The man took my distraction as an oppertunity to attack because next thing I know I am being punched in the gut. I whipped around and jumped onto his back and sent a shock wave of magic through him temporarly stunning him. I jumped off and kicked him in the ribs as he started re awakening.

All of a sudden the ground began to rumble. The crying stopped and everyone froze. my eyes saught out Anya. she was still leaning on the wall with her eyes closed. Part of me willed myself to go save her but something was keeping me in place. The ground began to crack in diffrent places and jutt out completly in others.

"ANYA!!" I called to her but she did not waver from her stance one bit. I looked to the man who was now incircled in a small rock wall that began to grow larger and larger until it reached to the top of the cave. I knew now that this was Anya's doing. I was Amazed, so much power in one person... it was astounding.

The shaking stopped all at once leaveing cracks in the ground but I was able to move again. I hoped over the cracks and over to Anya who had her eyes open now, They were a powerful gold color, not her normal green. The gold began to fade slowly back to her normal color.

I began to say something but she grabbed my hand suddenly and held Yelix who was now crying again close to her and started running at the wall. As it got closer and closer all I could think was that she was insane! I closed my eyes right before we crashed into it.

At least I thought we did..... but when I opened my eyes I saw that we were on the other side. I could see the faint blue glow Anya had mentioned before and my heart lite up with hope. We were close. We were almost there. I could feel it. I knew it. I turned to Anya and smiled.

Anya P.O.V

It had felt good. Powerful. Amazing. Thrilling. All good words to describe how my magic made me feel. Especially used like that. I did not know I had it in me.

I was happy we were safe and past the wall. The hope the blue glow brought was nearly tangible. I really felt things were looking up. We were almost there. Things will be better.....

That's what I though...until...

Yelix stopped breathing.