A Long Way From Home

The girl, Molly, had left us here after promising she would be back soon. i looked around the small clearing with strange equipment. Molly had said it was called a Park. I looked over to Yinlel who was trying to get  Yelix to sleep. "The tree must have been affected by the fire." I say quietly.

             he looked at me curiously " What do you mean?"  he said to me in mind speak. i sighed. "this isn't the valley holding the moonstones. the fire must have changed something about the tree." i relply. "or maybe times have changed. maybe there are no more moonstones. Just think about it, he last time anyone came to the mortal round was hundreds of years ago. it clearly has lost it's simpleness." he thought to me as he gestured to the park.

       Yinlel might be right, but those were thoughs i didn't want to hear. i wasn't going to loose hope. Not for Father, or Kicha and her family, Not even for that nasty naxsis or for my mother who dosen't love me. I will  find the valley of moonstones. no matter how hard i must look.

                  After a long period of time Molly returned with an arm full of stuff and a bag on her back. "here",she said handing the items to us." I can't take you home or mommy and daddy will get mad but i brought some food and camping stuff. if you go a little further into the forest no one will see you.".  i smiled at her in thanks and took the contraption out of her hands.

        It was a strange object. it seemed to be a shiney fake cloth all folded up with strange metalic rods in it. Molly laughed and took it from my hands and walked into the forest to set it up. I followed with Yinlel and Yelix close behind. "it's a tent!", Molly cried as it started to resemble a shiney hut. Yinlel grabbed a small tube with a round top. he touched something on it and suddenly it released a beam of light. "wow! is this Earth magic?" he gasped.  Molly shook her head,"No silly its electricity!'  My mommy says that magic is fake." Yinlel laughs "magic is anything but fake!' he cries. suddenly the flight begins to float over his head and dance around. Molly began to giggle wildly waking Yelix. Yelix seemed to be distracted by the light. " ARE YOU DOING THAT!?" Molly screamed over her own laughter. Yinlel nodded, "everyone ... errr.... almost everyone in our tribe back home has magic." he says throwing a glance my way. i look at the ground biting my lip. Molly looked to me, "Do you have magic to?" I simply shook my head.

        That night we sat by the tent and explained to Molly, the earth girl, the story of our tribe. After a while Molly got up to leave. "i'll be back tomorrow and we can go look up your  valley at the library". we nodded even thought i had no clue what a  Library was.

            The next morning i awoke yearning my lodge at home with my father. I noticed that Yinlel and Yelix were still fast asleep. i got up and  went  to the other side of the tent to go get some food from the strange bag molly had brought us. I pulled out some strange bar looking things coververed in material that reminded me of the tent although it was shiyer and thinner. i tossed those back in the bag. i couldn't find the food anywhere! Molly must have forgotten it. We would have to wait till she got here to eat.

           suddenly i heard a russling behind me. I turned quickly to the door and grabed one of the tent like bars from the bag and held it in defence. it was small but maybe it would frighten the intruder. the opening to the tent began to open slowly and soon molly appeared and laughed at my expression. " HA HA HA ! your sooo funny! have you eaten yet?" she asked shaking Yinlel awake. " No, i cannot find any food. all i see are these strange items" i said holding up the bar. i didn't understand why but molly burst into laughter again. " SILLY! stats the food HA HA HA! it's a granola bar! you have to take the wrapper off!" she exclaimed as she took it from me and handed it back without the wrapper. Now it looked firmiliar. we had gronola back home just not in bar form and without the annoying covering.

          After eating we set out to the Library. Molly had said that she goes there often to check out books and get on the Internet, whatever that is. We entered a large building with large shelves filled with books. The woman at a desk in front glanced at Yinlel. " he better stay quiet or he will have to leave," the woman said stearnly. I frowned, people in the earth relm were rude! He is a baby how can you expect him to stay quiet AND kicking him out if he dosn't!? thats rediculace.

         Molly lead us to a room filled with strange metalic screens with diffrent items depicted on them. one had a zombie chasing a poor woman. " is that a story... like a looking glass?" i asked molly. "Nope it's a game. but i guess computers are like looking glasses." molly replied sitting down. she started pushing buttons and the computer screen changed. It was amazing!

           "OOOHH here's one about a ledgend of moonstones and a Kinian Tribe." Molly cried getting a dirty look from the lady in front. " It says that a sacred valley used to be home to the Kiniam Tribe. The valley was called  the valley of moonstones. The tribe was said to practice magic, people didn't except them so the non magics or known as Tachli by the Kinian tribe, forced them out of the valley and they were never heard from again." she read from the magic screen.

     "THAT IS OUR TRIBE!!" i cried earning my own share of dirty looks, " I did not know they lived on earth at one point. where is the valley?" i asked impatiently. Molly continued to read, " it says it is said to be in the next town over, but it says that legend says it can only be found by, a true magic user who lives hidden." I frowned and turned to Yinlel " that must be you, you have hidden from earth well the whole tribe, and you are a true magic user" i say disapointed in my uselessness.

        After our trip to the Library we headed back to the tent with printed maps. Yinlel and i decided to leave right away in the morning. Molly claimed she would help all she could and would even go with us half way, but from then on we would have to be alone. I drifted lightly to sleep

                               ... we were along way from home and i hoped to be back soon.