An Imossible cry for help

I woke up from a sharp, intense, stabbing pain in my leg. I opened my eyes slowly, groaning in pain. I began to sit up but found it impossible. I couldn't seem to move my arms. I looked and saw that they were bound by a rope. I was tied to the ground as well. I tried to scream or call for help but something was blocking my mouth. I had no clue where I was. YELIX!! Where was Yelix? I didn't know where he was!! I was holding him when I hit the hard ground. I tried again to sit up. This time there was a painful pull at my forehead.

I looked around the room for SOME indication as to where I was and why I was here. A tall familiar man walked in. I got the painful memory of last night when I saw him. He smirked at me and I just glared back. "Like your new room?" he asked still smirking. I scowled.

The room was large with grey stone walls. The floor matched the walls and was freezing cold against my face. There were two wooden chairs in the corner. There were blood stains on different places on the floor and a huge puddle of blood around me. There was one door and no windows except a small one on the top part of the wall. Part of the window appeared to be underground. There was a small wooden door on the floor.

I glared more my eyes stabbing into him. He just walked up to me and kicked me hard in the stomach. I gagged against my bonded mouth. "DO NOT look at me like that!" He commanded. I was tempted to glare more but the pain in my stomach told me to head his warning.

He walked out of the room and came back with another shorter skinnier man. His face was very hollow looking. He smirked at me and walked over and ripped of the sticky silver item over my mouth. It stung a bit but was nothing compared to the pain in my leg. "So ready to talk?" He asked still smirking.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?! I have NOTHING to say to you!" I yelled. He kicked me. His shoes were much stronger and it hurt me much more. I yelped and sucked in a breath. I suddenly heard a cry from down the hall.

"YELIX!! WHERE IS HE?!" I screamed. The taller larger man smirked. "Joey is with him. The kid won't shut up." He said. I let out a frustrated noise. He laughed and walked out of the room. "Don't hurt him!" I yelled. The skinner man looked shocked. "Look little girl we don't hurt babies." He sneered as if I should have known that already. I turned my head away not wanting to look at the horrible man.

I didn't know why I was here or why they wanted me here. I desperately wished I had the ability to mind speak like the rest of my tribe. Then maybe I could tell Yinlel where to find me... IF I knew where I was. I suppressed the tears that threatened to spill over. I was scared, hurt, and had no clue where I was or how to save Yelix or myself. I squeezed my eyes shut. Both men were gone. I tried to go to sleep, to gain SOME energy or something. It was hard to sleep with the pain in my leg and knowing that Yelix could be hurt. I suddenly heard a voice in the back of my head. Oh god no more dreams please. Please no more!

"Anya? ANYA?! Where are you?! Can you hear me??? Are you ok!?! How is Yelix?!!? Do you need help?! ANYA!!" Yinlel mind spoke to me in a clearly concerned and panicked voice. I sighed a bit relived that it wasn't another dream. I wanted so badly to answer all of his panicked and frantic questions. I want to so so badly. I could hear the longing and panic in his voice. A tear escaped my eye. I would not be able to leave, not be able to save Yelix, and not be able to find the moonstones. Never be able to save my father and my tribe. Never see them again. I slowly began to fall asleep.

As I drifted I thought of Yinlel. The sparks I felt whenever he touched me, the look in his eyes when he looked at me. How good it felt to hear him stick up for me in the village. I loved him. I loved Yinlel. I wished so bad he could hear me right now. I wanted him to know I loved him. I fell asleep with one last thought,

Yinlel, I love you.

____________________________

~Yinlel P.O.V~

I found a weird building filled with all sorts of foods. Some I had never seen before, some in strange colorful boxes. I grabbed some apples and some peaches. Something I recognized. I also grabbed a few tomatoes. I went to the front of the store to leave. "HEY! STOP! You have to pay for those!!" a voice behind me commanded. I spun around to see who it was. There was a woman in a blue uniform standing there. I walked back up to her. "Uhh how much?" I asked just wanting to hurry and meet back up with Anya and Yinlel. She smiled. "$5.54 you little thief" she said smirking and biting her lip. I gave her a weird look and handed her one of the paper things that had a five on it. "Still need $0.54 but for a hottie like you I could cover that. Have a nice day! Oh can I get your number??" she asked. I looked confused. "My number??" I asked skeptically. She laughed. "Ya your phone number. Duh!" I just walked away not having a clue what a phone was or why it needed a number.

She tried following me but I just left the place. I began walking to the place where Anya and I agreed to meet. I smiled thinking of Anya... Wait! What was wrong with me! I didn't feel that way about Anya... Did I? The more I thought about it the more I was convinced I did. She was amazing, Beautiful, kind, gentle; she was strong, strong enough to deal with a whole tribe of people who hated her for what she couldn't do. I didn't hate her. I could see all the potential in her. Magic or not she was amazing. I smiled even more. Maybe I did feel that way about her.

A loud crack erupted through the air interrupting my train of thought. The sound seemed to be coming from our meeting spot. I dropped the things in my arms and broke out into a run. What was happening? What was that noise? I took a turn down the next street then spun around. I heard her scream following another shot. I immediately became angry. Who was hurting her?! I would kill them!! I ran faster taking another turn this time right. I could hear Yelix crying. Was it coming from the east or west? I couldn't tell anymore! I turned left and ran even faster. I hit a dead end. I was lost. I could still hear his crying so I knew I was close but the crying seemed to be getting farther away. Maybe she had gotten away with him? I hoped so. I couldn't stand seeing them hurt, knowing that I may have failed them.

After about 10 more minuets I found our meeting point. She wasn't there. Instead there was a man standing outside the shop by a large pool of blood. .... BLOOD! She better be ok! He had a strange metal device against his ear. He was shouting hurried words into it. I ran up to him. "HAVE YOU SEEN A GIRL HERE?! She is kind of short, long brown hair? had a baby with blond hair with her!" I said all in one breathe. He pulled the object away from his face. he nodded " Friends of yours? Some men came up and grabbed her. She tried to run and I heard a gunshot." he said taking back into the phone. A gun?! What was a gun?!

I had failed her. I stood there looking down at the puddle of her blood. I tried not to cry. Crying wouldn't help her. I HAD to find her! I turned to the man. "Where did they take her?!" I asked. He just shrugged. I just began to run. Following the drops of her blood. I ran all night just looking for her.

I had been looking for almost a whole day but couldn't find her anywhere. I sat against the wall of a building slumping to the ground. I was a failure!! I wanted to see her.. at least know she was ok. I had to let her know I was looking!

"Anya? ANYA?! Where are you?! Can you hear me??? Are you ok!?! How is Yelix?!!? Do you need help?! ANYA!!" I mind spoke to her. I then realized it was stupid to ask her questions... She couldn't answer!

I lay down, my head on the ground. I was exhausted. But ... I ... had....to ...keep...looking... my eyes began to close. Had to...Find....her..... I was drifting quickly.

Then I heard her. Loud in clear, her beautiful voice ringing through my head. Even when weak, exhausted, and clearly in pain her sounded beautiful.

"Yinlel, I love you" she mind spoke to me