Epilogue

• Dedicated to To all readers

I thought I never would see this day. It’s been a good length of years that she and I have been dating illegally and legally, but I never thought that I would be able to bring them all here at the same time. Andrea and I looked at each other, wary of each others’ thoughts about this plan, and each breath we take made it harder to make a follow-up as each of them entered.

“Are you sure about this Andrea?” I asked her.

“Are you backing out on me?”

“No. But, are you sure they’re not going to go berserk?”

“Nick, that’s my parents you’re talking about.”

“They’re good people I know. But you’ll be surprised how much mine reacts.”

“It will be fine Nick.”

“Then why are you shaky?”

“Let’s try and convince each other that it will be alright and maybe it will.”

“Now you’re using maybe?”

“You were the one who lost confidence at the last minute.”

“I was just asking if it will be okay.”

“Just take your seat and I’ll take mine. Let’s work it out along the way.” She said irritated already.

She and I entered the room holding each other’s arms and when we saw our parents, seated at the opposite sides of the table with our fathers claiming both ends, with both of them giving us a different look, we immediately let go. It was intimidating to be sweet between these two men. They have conflicting ideas on life which made it all difficult.

“It’s just dinner.” Andrea mouthed as she took her seat next to mine.

“That’s easy for you to say. You’re not the one who has something to break this evening.” I whispered. I took a long gulp after. Hope they take it lightly.