Chapter 15

“Do you think we should tell your parents?” I asked her.

It’s nine already and we haven’t parted yet. We laid down the garden, staring at the night sky, filled with stars amazingly, with her hand on mine. We were like this for hours now. This was the first words that came between the two of us after she told me to lie down.

“There’s only a few months before we graduate.”

“So we do?”

“Do you know how strict my parents are when it comes to this?”

“Yeah. They shipped your ate in an all girls boarding school when they found out she has a boyfriend, they let her out though, when they were convinced that she wouldn’t repeat the same. They did the same thing to your kuya, and when he was let out, and came back to his girlfriend, they almost kicked him out of the house.”

“Do you want the same thing to happen to me?”

“I can pay for your tuition.”

“But I don’t want them away from me.”

“So we don’t tell them.”

“Let’s just wait out till graduation.”

“How about Elena and Niel?”

“I somehow don’t want them to know it yet.”

“So we keep it from them too?”

“How did you manage to hide from everyone?”

“People like to speculate, but they are hesitant to give a definitive answer on their assumptions. Gossip spreads but people doubt it. We used that. We simply don’t deny or confirm anything. We just kept them guessing.”

“So we’ll keep it a secret.”

I’m really not into keeping secrets about us with her parents. My family has been open to this kind of topic because they would rather know if it was that time for ‘the talk’. But Andy’s case is different. Her parents are really strict. Though sometimes they’re like hot and cold on all other topics, but on this, they are definitely strict. Even if I’m against the idea, Andy did have a point; it’s only a few months away before graduation. It wouldn’t be too long before we’re home free. So until then, we’re secret lovers.

 “Then I’ll be your dirty little secret.”

The mood was too serious and I didn’t want this to be a very serious long night. And even if she’s not telling, I know she’s guilty as well, and she just wants to get the thought out of her head. Seeing that she wasn’t the ice breaker between the two of us, I initiated it.

“I hardly am dirty. You’re just a secret Nick.”

“You’re hardly dirty, but you had me touch your breast awhile ago, and we weren’t even official yet. I never touched Leah’s you know.”

“I did not had you touch my breast.”

“If I remember it correctly, it was when you said that I was your missing piece. It’s kind of soft to the touch too.”

“You dirty pervert!” and she gave me a hard smacks on my arm.

By the time she stopped I continued; “Hey, it was not my fault I felt it. Besides I was helpless, you had my hands and I couldn’t pull away. I was vulnerable.”

“Would you shut up already!” and she sat up and punched my arm many times. By the time she was finished she uttered “Pervert.”

“It’s just me being me.”