A Town Worth Meeting

Chapter 3,

A Town Worth Meeting.

Zach looked me in the eyes and smiled. "Wanna come?" He said with a smirk.

I just stood there. I was in shock. I couldn't process this fully. I just couldn't believe I was about to go into another world. Another world were anything, anything, could happen. Just right threw this portal. Only three feet away. Just a few steps and I wouldn't be on Earth anymore. This was extraordinary. Truly extraordinary.

My eyes were practically waterfalls, the blinding light wouldn't back off. I was fighting to see. All I could see was light. Just lots and lots of light. I pictured myself entering the core of the sun, the large darkened hallway was Zach and I leaving Earth. How could we be possibly be doing this? Magic doesn't even exist!

I rubbed my eyes and smiled. I could sort of see now! But, I could only see light, and white still. I could barely see the figure of Zach.

I grinned. "Why, 'course I would!" I said. I took a deep breath. Hopefully, once threw this portal thing, I would be able to see faces again. My life was about to change forever...

Five hours ago, I was dying in math class, and now. Now. Now I'm in a magical world. Yesterday, I was playing on a beach not thinking about magic doo-dads, now, I'm a werewolf with five werewolf friends. Wow, this is like world's weirdest Friday ever.

Zach took my hand and led me into the light. It was like walking on clouds, or a trampoline. Zach stayed looking foreword, but I on the other hand, was looking in every direction possible. We walked for a minute, then Zach opened another door. He stopped, and rested his hand on the door. This door was wooden, and had a golden doorknob.

He took a deep breath. "Now, before we enter, I have to go over some things, okay?"

I nodded. My worrisome feeling had disappeared and turned into excitement.

"Okay, there's rules too..." He started.

I groaned. Rules? This was freaking Harry Potter!

"Yeah, I know, right. Okay, first rule: No screaming in less there is an emergency." He started.

"Why?" I asked.

"Dragon's ears are surprisingly very sensitive. Okay, second rule, no robbery."

"Duh! Why? I mean, I know why there's no robbery allowed, but is there like some reason behind it? Like with the screaming thing?" I asked in a some-what nosy manner.

"Yeah, dwarves are very selfish when it comes to objects and stuff," He said. The remark caused me to smirk. "Third rule, no using magic in front of the townspeople,"

"Why?" I said cutting him off before he could finish.

"The townspeople don't much care for magic, well, they do, its just, they prefer not to see it." He didn't sound very confident.

"Oh," I simply said.

"Rule four," He began. I was getting bored by Zach's lecture. "No causing a commotion. That rule is mainly for the townspeople."

I groaned.

"Okay...I think that's it. Wait! The rules in this world is just like at Earth. NO murder, NO kidnapping, etcetera, etcetera." He said.

I looked around the once glowing room.

The blinding light was gone now and turned to leaves, a canopy of leaves and trees. Bushes created a walkway for Zach and I to stroll along on. The trampoline like ground was now dirt and rocks.