Lunch? Or Truth?

Chapter 2

Truth? Or Lunch?

I unlocked the bathroom door, took a deep breath, and walked out. The crowed was thick, so I was able to blend in very quickly, and well. I was like a hunter wearing camouflage in the middle of a forest with these so called 'friends.'

My school has about 1,000 students that attend. About 400 of those teenagers are ninth graders. And a tsunami of them was invading the lunchroom. Like always. I sighed and rolled my eyes at their stupidity. If those people would just wait a minute to get into the cafeteria, no body would get hurt.

I bumped into lots of people‚ and was practically killed trying to get my locker open. Too many people liked to shove in this world.

My typical locker routine;

I turned the knob left to 28.

PUSH!

I messed up on my combination. So like everyone else, I restarted the combination. Turn left to 28, turn right to 16.

PUSH!

And yet again, I messed up on my combination. Great. I turned the knob to restart yet again. Turn left to 28, right to 16, and left again to 48.

Third times the charm, right?

I was actually able to open my locker, yea! I sighed a sigh of relief as today it only took me three times to open my locker.

"Damn it! Watch it freaks!" I said as a kid pushed me into my locker, causing me to slam my head into the door.

I put my books into the locker, and grabbed my lunch.

I let out my frustration by slamming my locker door shut as hard as I could. After my ten second melt down, I headed for the lunchroom.

I scoped the crowd looking for my posse. I can usually find them pretty easily, as long as I can find Brittany.

And like always, I found Bri nearly immanently.

She was wearing her hippy outfit. (or at least that's what I call it.) She had light blue jeans with holes in them (her swift cheese pants), and a tie-die tee shirt of red, purple, and white. A bandanna was placed fabulously atop her head of green and patterned flowers. Her peace sign earrings glistened in the sun. No makeup was on Bri's face. She was naturally gorgeous, so why waist her day on applying unneeded makeup? She kind of, actually, looked a little weird and unmatched.

"Heh. Bye Angela!" Bri said before she turned her attention to me. Angela swished some blonde hair out of her face before leaving.

It was a typical Tuesday, on Tuesday, Bri hung out with some blonde chick named Angela. Apparently, they were the 'best of all friends.' Not that I care or anything.

"Hey!" I said with a smile. I pushed some of my black and brown hair out of my face. I acted like some kid had pushed me, accidentally nocking me off of my balance, and bumping Angela out of the way 'casually.' It's complicated, I know.

"Hey! Where were you? I was worried that you had gotten suspended again!" She said in absolute shock. Bri being the drama queen she is, could have just dropped and cried at my feet to show her sympathy for me. But Bri remained somewhat calm for a Brittany: freaking out a little, tears dwelling up in her eyes, and walking back and forth, nonstop.

I giggled. Again? I have only been suspended...lets see...twice this year! "Nope," I popped the 'p' when I spoke. "Me ain't gunna be suspended for at least a couple weeks!" I laughed. "I promise...sorta"