Chapter 8

AN: hiya please remember to vote and comment or updates are slower and sharing this doesn't hurt either thanks

"Lexi get up" Logan said nudging me lightly with his foot, I stirred with a massive headache and was still sitting on Fury "what happened" I asked as Fury groaned. Logan laughed "some type of light knocked us out, you guys got the worse of it" he said. I looked around and saw we were in a sort of jungle.

"Um where are we" I said confused, Kelsey was nervous and started to silently freakout "Kelsey !" I exclaimed. She flinched and looked at me "were in the Amazon Rainforest" she told. I jumped up a little too quickly and approached her "we're where, how did we get from Washington to freaking South America" I exclaimed. Kelsey huffed and approached a plant with large oval green leaves and weird flowers.

"This is called a strcryts some South American natives would use it to dip their darks and weapons in it as a poison" Kelsey explained. I huffed and stumbled backwards to have Logan catch me "ok I need to take a break" I said in a slow dazed voice just before I was knocked out again.

_______________________________________

I woke up and surprisingly dreamless, the nausea faded into my gut feeling like a gumdrop but that may be cause I haven't hand anything other than an apple for breakfast. I once again hit my head on the top bunk and walked to the dinner table, everyone was there other than Felix who stayed on the top bunk of Logan's bed fast asleep "hey" I said quietly.

Logan smiled at my appearance, Kelsey was nose deep in the book and Louis was eating some KFC "how did you get KFC" I asked while stealing a rib piece, one if my favourites "yeah, I can't really explain it other than order and eat up" Louis replied while handing me a bowl of the KFC chips.

I grabbed almost a bucket full of pieces and went outside to see Fury wake up I climbed up the ladder and he wagged his tail "I got you some food, sorry we didn't have fish tonight" I said and I think he shrugged as he dug into the KFC. I petted him and went back inside, Felix was now awake and scoffing down chicken nuggets.

I took my seat and Kelsey would only raise her head occasionally to eat "so what is she doing exactly" I whispered to Louis who was sitting on my right "she's studying, when we were knocked out she had a dream that there would be a test, we all will go through one but I guess I cheated since I got a dragon ride" Louis whispered back.

I looked back at Kelsey and I could now see her frantically looking through pages, but from what we both concluded, the pages she needed was either missing, stolen or never existed.

Dinner finished eventually and I sat next to Kelsey on the couch as she went over a page again and again. I snatched the book from her fingers "Louis" I yelled while chucking it to him, he caught it and Kelsey exclaimed "Lexi, get it back, I need to read that" I shook my head vigorously "Kelsey, your working your self up, keep a level head, it's the best way" I advised.

Her muscles relaxed and she nodded "fine I'll relax, thank you" Kelsey said calmly. I shrugged and tapped her shoulder with my fist "that's what I'm here for right" I modestly replied.

_______________________________________

I rolled over from my bed and felt my gut drop, awaiting the ground I kept my eyes shut by I didn't feel the ground.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw I was hovering a few centre meters above the ground. My hands were fully expanded mirroring the floor.

I relaxed my tensed fingers and fell to the floor "that's new" I said while slowly getting up "what's new" Logan asked from the passenger seat next to Louis.

I smiled and rubbed the back of my neck "oh nothing, so how are we going, are we almost there" I asked and Logan nodded

"well Kelsey said that the path of strcryts or what ever goes for a few miles we'll be there soon, oh I fed Fury some food, you and Felix got the worst of that teleport thingy so I thought you might just wanna sleep a little longer" Logan smiled.

I grinned back at him and walked to the kitchen, Lewis had a dumbwaiter that you say the food you want and it appears when you open the hatch. I thought for a second and smiled "pancakes and extra crispy bacon" I said quietly.

A flash of light behind the dumbwaiter and I opened the small door, hot steamy pancakes with a pile of bacon. I grabbed a pancake and put some bacon in the middle, I than wrapped it up and ate it.

Kelsey flinched at me eating "Lexi I love you but that's disgusting" I shrugged and waved it In front of her

"naw Kelsey doesn't like my breakfast" I teased and a small smirk appeared on her lips.

I sat down next to Felix on the couch, he was watching some psychic channel and was struggling to hold in his laughter "what's so funny" I said oblivious to what the joke was "this chick thinks her dead dog is giving her a message, the only ghost there is a bum that died of a air con accident" Felix explained, I laughed and smiled

"So you see dead people as well as prophecy's" I figured he nodded slowly "kind of, the dead is complicated, they usually prefer to keep quiet" Felix explained.

I nodded carefully and he smiled as if knowing what I was thinking "your parents are proud of you Lexi, though your farther thinks you insane, your mum is pretty cool" he smiled in reassurance. It was nice to know my parents cared about me.

All of a sudden the Nemesis stopped and Louis turned around, "ladies and gentleman I give you a little problem" Louis said with a smirk full of fear. Felix, Kelsey and I all ran to the window and saw that we were sinking "a little problem" I yelled.

I ran to the door and whistled for Fury, he swept down and hovered five meters away from me "sorry Lex, I can't get closer" Fury apologised. I shook my head trying not to think of the stupid plan I had brewing "Lexi you have a dumb idea don't you" Logan stammered.

I shrugged and knew it was the only way. I was about to jump when Logan grabbed my arm "your not gonna make it, Lexi just ask Fury to fly closer" Logan insisted.

The van sunk further and I could see we were in a bigger problem than I thought, we were in quicksand.