Chapter 6

not edited

*************

I don't understand, why must it be me and him? I mean what are the chances, seriously! Something must be really against me. Our name are on opposite ends of the alphabet for crying out loud! We're opposite genders! We sit at the opposite ends of the room! How the hell did the teacher manage to put me and Jaxton together? Ok, be calm Emily, I'm sure it will be fine, you're just overreacting.

Then I felt a light brush on my shoulder as Jaxton walked past, purposely bumping into me. “We're going to have a lot of fun” he whispered softly.

I shivered at his words but then I shrugged it off before walking back to my seat. I can't let him affect me. I am determined to get an A on this report and continue my straight A record which I have had since grade 4. Thankfully, the rest of the class went smoothly, a first for me throughout his whole day.

One more class, just one more class and I will be out of this hell hole of a school. I walked into the next class and as soon as I entered a chill ran up my spine and I had an unsettlingly feeling. I looked up and saw cold, calculating eyes looking back at me. It was Aiden. As I walked closer towards him to reach my desk, I felt a dark, dangerous aura radiating off him.

He was always the most intimidating of the brothers; the one who got involved in the most fights. He was mysterious; and his handsome features as well as his cold and silent personality attracted girls, like lights for moths. He was the one who always made me curious as to what he was thinking, but I could never figure it out as his face was stoic and emotionless.

I must say he was the one who annoyed me the least, even when we were younger the differences between the 3 brothers were very clear. Ryder and Jaxton were fraternal twins while Aiden was 1 year older. However, he was kept down a grade so that he could join at the same time as his brothers. Ryder was the most sadistic one out of the brothers, he always enjoyed watching me be in pain and teased me endlessly. Jaxton was the flirt and he definitely knew his ways with the girls.

I must have been in deep thought as I continue to walk but me being the ever clumsy person I was managed to bump my hip really hard into the corner of the desk. I let out a loud wail of pain and hopped around until I turned around and came face to face with Aiden. Well, not face to face, it was more like face to chest. He bent down low until our noses were almost touching,

“What are you looking at?” he said intimidatingly.

I almost wet my pants when he said those words. He was so scary. “N-nothing!” I said while backing off of him. In a rush to get away from him, I almost managed to fall backwards onto a desk.

Thankfully, I gained my balance and ran to my seat. It seemed like it had no effect on him because he casually walked back to his seat as the teacher came back in to begin the class. I was furiously taking notes while the teacher went off talking when suddenly I jumped as the teacher brought his hand down on the desk in a loud smack. “Mr Valour!” he cried out sternly. I turned around in time to see Aiden sigh. “Yes?” he answered.

“Am I boring you?” the teacher continued

“Yes..” he answered yawning.

How could he say that to a teacher! The teacher's face started to get red with anger and began to yell all these incoherent words at him and lecturing him about respect.

“Would you rather have me lie to your face that you are the most interesting person I have ever met?”

The teacher was almost shaking now. My eyes darted between them and I was actually scared of what the teacher would do. “Do you think you are better than me young man” A cold smile spread across Aiden's face. “No sir, I know that I am smarter than you.” he said. “Get out!” The teacher screamed, his veins almost popped out of his forehead. “With pleasure!” Aiden said before he sauntered out.

The whole class went silent after his departure. Aiden definitely knew how to push the teacher's buttons and put on a show. The class resumed from where they left off but the bell soon rang.

“Yes! I'm free.” I cried out ecstatic. Until, I realised that I had gotten 2 detention this morning. No! My perfect clean record is gone! Why? Because of stupid Ryder! While all these thoughts raced in my head, I didn't notice that I had been staring blankly ahead.

You're really creepy,” a voice said in front of me.

I brought up my face to see Ryder in front of me. I groaned, no matter how handsome he was, I was not in the mood to talk to him, especially considering that he was one of the Valour brothers. “Thanks,” I said sarcastically.

“You're always staring at me.” he said, smirking.

“Impossible, considering how ugly you are.” I spat back lying through my teeth. His face may be beautiful but his rotten personality outshines his looks.

“Honey, you're the only person who thinks this handsome face is ugly.” he said back to me, while winking at the girls walking past. I rolled my eyes.

“Glad to know,” I mumbled, not really caring at all.

It was only for a second but his face became annoyed before getting replaced by his playful smirk again.

“Since, when did you get all sassy,” he asked grinning.

“Since, you came to town,” I retorted, “I cannot live in peace whenever you boys are around.” “And, thanks to you I have detention now,” I cried out annoyed.

“No problem at all,” he grinned waving if off.

I shot him the dirtiest glare I could muster. Before I could say any more my phone rang and I picked it up. “Hello?”

Ryder POV

I didn't get her. She doesn't fall at my feet like the other girls do, why don't I have an effect on her. I don't understand why she hates me so much. It's not like it did anything terrible towards her. Well, maybe I have; I'm not sure, but honestly they shouldn't make her hate me! I watched her take her call. Wow Ryder that isn't creepy at all.

“Hello?” she said. “Oh ok. No wait, I have detention after school. Suddenly she pulled her phone away from her ear as she winced. “No! It wasn't my fault! It was some jerk!” she said while looking at me. I looked back at her with mock hurt. She rolled her eyes before turning her attention back to her phone. “Yeah, I got it. Thanks, bye. I love you.” When I heard the words I love you, I started to get really jealous. I don't know why because she could be talking to one of her family members, but it got me all possessive. I wanted her.

Emily POV

I looked at Ryder strangely as I finished the call, he was staring at me oddly, a look that I had never seen on him before. But, it was gone in a flash as soon as he noticed me looking at him.

“Well, let's go to detention shall we.” I uttered, with mock enthusiasm.

He laughed, “You are but I'm not.” I stared at him surprised.

“You didn't get detention?” I asked.

“Nup” he said popping the 'p' “How the hell, did you manage to not get a detention?” I cried out annoyed.

“Magic” he replied.

“Ha! Very funny!” I said sarcastically and walked off.

“Don't worry you'll have my two brother though!” he cried out to me as I walked off quickly. Well that news didn't bring me much comfort either. Yay for detention!

***********

sorry that its not edited

but thanks so much for the support

PLEASE PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT 

I love all the comments you guys give

Sooo....Which brother's your favourite?

Who do you think she'll end up with?

xx rosesandribbons