Chapter 4

Warning: Story not edited

****************************************************************************************************************

"God, I'm so hungry! I missed breakfast this morning because I woke up late!" I complained to my best friend Alice.

"I feel ya, trust me I know! Mom is going crazy with her diet plans again, I rather starve than eat anything that she offers me," she said to me sighing.

I shuddered, Alice's mom is a complete crazy health freak and is constantly trying to put her daughter on these rather interesting foods which I always try to avoid.

Last time I came over Ali's house, I was almost force fed to eat live octopus with roots from a tree with a weird name, as well as exotic mushrooms from South America.

Luckily I managed to come up with some lame excuse before escaping her house and going off to eat some normal food!

We walked over to the end of the lunch line and slowly shifted forwards every once in a while. By the way its a stereotype when people say that all cafeteria food is disgusting. Our school caters delicious food, and today we happen to have an option of a ham and cheese wrap, a serve of pasta, or Mexican tacos.
I could feel my mouth watering at the thought. I chose the option of the ham and cheese wrap and grab an iced coffee. I'm ashamed to say that I am a strong coffee addict and  need at least one cup of it everyday. Bad for your health I know but....oh well. Its better than smoking. We could choose any drink you liked as long as it didn't contain alcohol, obviously. Otherwise this school would go into a complete riot.

"Ooh! Don't turn around, but there are three of the hottest male specimens I've ever seen in my life!" Alice squealed. Did I mention that she is complete boy crazy and squeals really loud and high pitch. Yeah; not the best place to be next to her when she's upset, angry or excited. unfortunately this was one of the days.

I turn around. It was the valour boys again. Oh great,  my day just went from bad to awful and absolutely atrocious. One of the boys (Ryder) catches me looking at him and he sends me a cheeky grin and wave. The others notice who his looking at and takes one look me before saying something to Ryder making them laugh. I felt all the blood rushing to my head and could feel the heat in my cheeks,  probably the way I look right now, considering I just came from Gym. I bet I was looking like a train wreck. Frustrated with my ability to turn red easily I glared at the boys before flippantly turning around. Only to come face to face with a wide eyed Alice.

"You know them?" She said, her face filled with awe.

"NO!" I shouted loudly, before realising how loud my voice was as I saw everyone staring at me. Embarrassed, I quickly said to Alice, "I mean...um.. no...we don't know each other at all," I stammered.

Alice only looked at me suspiciously with narrowed eyes  before shrugging and shaking it off with a laugh. "If you say so." she claimed.  I breathed a sigh of relief. Just as we were about to go to our table, everything happened so quickly I barely comprehended what happed, first I felt myself  tripping, and then falling hard onto the ground and laid sprawled out like an idiot in front of everyone.  The food that I was carrying spilled everywhere.

"I'm so sorry, Emily, I just didn't see you there," a soft, sweetly sick voice cried out to me, as everyone who witnessed my fall laughed.  I felt too ashamed to look up so I hung my head there. In my range of vision, I saw a tall pair of killer hills, and I saw the person kneel down to face me. Only to come face to face with Tiana, her perfect features twisted in fake concern.

"I'm sorry Emily, let me help you up," she said apologetically. I wanted to shrug her off but I knew everyone was awaiting my reaction, and I couldn't be mean to her when she was "trying" to be nice in return. She knew it too, and my fall only made her look like the good guy instead of the enemy. She helped me up and I looked at the sea of people who were snickering and laughing at my expense. Tears pricked my eyes as my eyes washed over the crowd and came into contact with the 3 brothers. They were watching the whole thing; silent and unmoving as they stared at me impassively.