Chapter Twelve: Red , White , and Blue

Maddy's hair looks absolutey gorgeous. It's all curly and brushes her shoulders, it's strange looking when it's that short. She's wearing her new dance class dress that her mother and the other women made for their daughters. Her dress is solid white with a navy blue ribbon tied  as a belt, the top half has buttons in the back and the whole costume is covered in stiched on red stars.

     My "Patriotic" shirt and skirt looks less glamorous now, compared to her new dress. Maddy is yanking and pulling my hair. "Ooooow" I moan, she rolls her icy eyes and finally has my hair in a pony tail with a red bow tied on.  I look in my mother's mirror, I actually look half decent.

****************************************************************************************************************

     Annie Garing is twirling across the stage. I'm trying not to focus on her, but focus on the decorations. Red, White, and Blue streamers hang from the stage and ceiling,load music fills the air, everyone is dressed in American flag colors, it is beautiful.I see Mrs. Garring and Lilly,Annie's sister, Mrs. Garring looks pretty sobered up and they are laughing and smiling like they are the proudest people on earth. 

      The song switches and switch my attention to the stage. The dancers are martching about and smiling and swiriling. Then, Maddy runs to the edge of the stage and jumps straight into the air higher than I've ever seen anyone jump. In the air she spins then lands straights and sulutes everyone. We all clap.

     After the show we exit the school gym and head to the town square where, we see bake offs, eat hot dogs, talk with old friends, and meet new people. Maddy is by my side the whole time and I finally forgive her for what she said while I was in the bush. I take a deep breath, "Umm... someone said that your brother was planning to dance with me tonight." Maddy finishes chewing a cookie she picked up somewhere and says "He said you guys are best friends or something, according to Fletcher, and wants to dance wth you I guess."

     I nod. "I figured that, you gonna dance with Fletcher?" She giggles. "Kate Anderson why would you ask such an obvious question?" We both laugh and walk until we meet up with Fletcher and Kyle. Maddy and Fletcher immediantly start talking so I go into a deep coversation with Kyle about bomber pilots.

***************************************************************************************************************

     SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT BUT I AM VERY TIRED! LONGER CHAPTER TOMOROW , I PROMISE!