Chapter Four:An Angel at the Door

I wake up to ten sunkissed toes hopping around on my bed. I look up to see my little brother Will. His blondehair has purple splotches on about every curl. He also has the purple stains on his lips and hands. "Will! What's all over you?" he laughs and screeches "BLUUUUUUEBERRRRIES"! I shake my head and plop back on my pillow.

     When I glance at my doorway Will is still standing there in his orange striped pajamas. He is looking at me with the most thoughtful expression. "Will, why are you in my room anyways?" He rolls his eyes and sighs "There is an Angel at the door. She brought me blueberries and wants to see you!" Maddy. I think. "Will, go keep her company while I get dress." Will leaves and shuts my door, it closes with a satisfying "BANG!"

    I stand up and stretch. Then, I walk to my closet and grab my faded pink and lavander dress. I throw it on and quickly brush my curls. On my way downstairs I catch a glimpse of an old photo. It was July Fourth, Nineteen Thirty-One. My mom had hot rolled her bleach blonde hair and was wearing a  swimsuit. Dad had on some swimming trunks and a t-shirt. They were hugging and laughing at the camera. They looked extremely happy at the beach. The sand was in between there toes and the waves were cool,they had only been married for three weeks.

     I look away and walk downstairs. On the couch sat Maddy Balm and Will. They were eating blueberries and comparing the shades of blond in each others hair. Her dress was the most beautiful thing, it was silky and white and made her look like she really did come from Heaven. I didn't want to interrupt their fun but, after all wasn't Maddy here to see me? I quietly walked behind the sofa and jumped up and snatched a blueberry. Will screamed and the container of blueberries flew up and spilled everywhere.

     The blueberries looked like something Daddy would see. Like an ambush of bullets, only edible an non-fatal.I think my father would much rather be shot at with blueberries. Will jumped off the couch to gather the fruit and Maddy just laughed. She stood up and walk towards me. "Thanks for the blueberries." She looks down and whispers "No problem."  Then she asks if she can see my room. I nod and lead her upstairs.