Good Greif

Prompt: Bellamy and the rest of the space squad has been in the ark for the past 6 months. During this time, it feels more like 6 years. To deal with the loss and her presumed death, Bellamy tries to move on and forget Clarke existed. With this, Bellamy leans on Echo.

Bellamy's warm hands grip tightly onto Echo's bare hip. Her breath is hot when it meets his mouth. They're moving in sync, rhythmically. Each heartbeat as heavy as the next in Bellamy's chest. He was trying to lose himself. But he couldn't. This felt like a chore, like something he really didn't wanna do. He did... but, he didn't. This was not the moment he wanted to be in. Echo runs her hands along his bare chest, her fingertips are callused even after six months in space. She hadn't touched a weapon in months, and yet somehow she's still just as reserved.

However, she is hot, and always has been for Bellamy. Something about him, made her weak. Maybe it was the constant, I could've let you die but I saved your life instead, that turned them both on so much. But at this moment, Bellamy was not here. Sure, his lips were draping themselves like a cloak along her body. And Echo was definitely aware of his presence, however he was in a completely different head space.

Echo started to graze her lips along the soft spot in his neck while her curled her fingers at his side. Her skin feels like fire and although this moment was something that normally wouldn't of bothered him, he couldn't stop thinking about someone else.

Bellamy abruptly moves his body off of Echo's her lips trying to latch from him. A puzzled and unimpressed expression written on her face. He huffs, dragging a hand sloppily through his slightly sweaty hair and his legs over the edge of the bed. Echo is bare and the sudden loss of body heat forces her to grab a bed sheet, draping it over her chest and torso staley. She scoffs, pushing her tongue into the roof of her mouth, breathing heavily trying to let her negative energy be known. But Bellamy is too concerned with himself, head in his hands while the stress accentuates and stiffens every muscle in his back.

She slouches back into the bed, holding her hand over her chest, slightly embarrassed that maybe she did something wrong. He had practically dragged her into that bed and now, now he's sitting on the edge pretending she doesn't even exist. "Really helps my confidence, thanks." She scoffs, rolling her eyes and her long dark hair falls over her shoulder. She's the perfect image, as if staring in her own movie. But this one is one she would rather not attend. Echo clicks her teeth noticing no response from Bellamy, as much as she wanted to it care, she did.

She collected her skaikru hand-me-down shirt from the floor and slipped it over her torso. "Bellamy?" Echo whispers, touching her hand to his shoulder and he's cold to the touch. It's like he doesn't realize she's there. So she grasps on a little harder this time, wrapping her knees under her and sitting down. "Bellamy, what's wrong?" It's almost as if there's emotion in her voice, she's concerned.

Bellamy sniffles and turns his head only slightly, hair falling over his eyes. "It's... it's not you." His voice quivers.

Echo swallows harshly, taking a deep breath of her own. "It's about Clarke, isn't it?" Her voice falls out of her mouth like shards of glass. It stings. The first while she was really all they talked about. Was she alive? Could she have made it? Has anyone got a signal yet? Why didn't we find another way? What if we had waited just one more minute? But then the questions turned into whispers and softly into memories of what would've been. They started to create a life back on the ark. Harper was pregnant and Raven was constantly building things and fixing things and Murphy was working on the garden and making food for everyone. But... the thing is... how could anyone forget about her so quickly. It wasn't just anyone... it was Clarke.

Bellamy shifts high weight on the bed so he's turned to the side. Echo analyzes the side of his face. "I can't remember what shade of blue her eyes are. I can't remember what side of her face the scar is on, the one that sits above her eyebrow. I can't... I can't remember which eye it is." Bellamy stutters on his words and Echo continues to observe. "I can't... I can't even remember her voice, Echo. I can't remember what it sounded like when she said my name."

Echo cautiously placed her hand onto his shoulder and he doesn't move. "It's okay, Bellamy." She swallows her words. "You're grieving."

"Am i?!" He shoots her a look that sends her a few inches back. "Am I grieving a loss? Or am I guilty for something I could've prevented." Bellamy's gaze drifts.

She grabs on to his face and pulls him to look her in the eyes. She's got his face cupped and tears are slowly dribbling from his eyes. "You couldn't of prevented anything."

"I could've stayed with her!" He shouts. There is pain so clearly buried inside of him. He had been holding this back for so long, Echo just wished she could've seen it sooner.

"If you stayed, you would've died."

Bellamy chuckles pathetically. "At least she wouldn't have died alone."

Echo's fingers tangle themselves in his curly dark hair, trying to find a way to comfort him. She didn't do feelings, much less help someone with theirs. "You loved her." She mumbled and Bellamy looks over with red eyes.

"I love her." He corrects. "From the moment she stared me down and threatened everything I had, I knew there was something so special about her. She made me a person, again."

"Maybe one day you can tell her." Echo stiffens, feels herself falling into a trap that she'll never be able to get out of.

"She's dead. I was too afraid to love her, and she died. She died so I could live. So we could live." He grinds his teeth at the words. "I miss her."

Echo offers her arms and she rests her head on his shoulder, rubbing his back in circular motions. "What if... what if she's not dead?" It's something he hasn't been able to think about. That maybe she's been down there for the past six months, all by herself. Possibly starved.

"If she's not dead..." he stutters. "If she's not dead, I don't know what's worse." Bellamy sighs and seeing him so weak would break anyone. Clarke had said it herself, he inspired people. And seeing him so close if not already at his breaking point was debilitating. Echo pushes her lips into his shoulder and he closes his eyes. "Clarke's my best friend and my partner in crime. And everyone has just... forgot about her. It's like I made her up and the file in my brain cells is malfunctioning. It's not loading her image all the way."

"We haven't forgot." Echo croaks. "We just don't know what to say."

And the both of them sit there in silence. The whirl of the oxygen running through the vents is all they can hear. It seems to consume them. Like all they have is right there. That moment. Bellamy's breath is heavy and Echo doesn't know what to do but sit there with her feet tucked under her.

Echo maneuvers her lips across his shoulder and then his collarbone and back to his neck. Every spot her lips touch the skin tingles but he feels numb. He hardly realizes her touch at all. Echo nibbles on his neck and finds her way into his lap. She rubs her thumb over his cheek and it's like he looks through her. Echo kisses him, softly, and then deeper until she gets a reaction out of him. He pulls at her lips slightly and she reaches around him, pushing her body into his.

"Echo..." he mumbles as she pushes her lips to his.

"Let me make you feel good, Bellamy. Let me take care of you." She reaches to the hem of his boxers. Bellamy licks his lips and blows air out of his nose. "Com'n Bell, let me take care of you."

And after another moment of silence and Echo hanging off of him, her hands tangled in his hair, he pushes her off and rises to his feet. "I'm sorry..." he mumbles. "I just.... I can't."

Bellamy grabs his pants from the ground and slips them on, not making a single sound. He grabs his t-shirt and heads out of the room. Leaving Echo alone and vulnerable on the ark bed.