2199 Days

Prompt: taking flight from the last episode, Bellamy and Clarke haven't seen each other in 2199 days. This is them reuniting after so long.

It's been 2199 days. 2199 days since Clarke held Bellamy so close and had her hand on his heart. It was thumping so harshly she could feel it under her fingertips. His heart was what she loved most about him and she replayed that day over and over again. All 2199 of them. The look on his face. I've got you for that.

"It's been safe for you to come down for over a year now... why haven't you." Clarke continued on with her speech, every word making her heart break a little more. Suddenly, from the sky erupted that space ship. For this first time in 2199 days she had hope. Realistic hope. "I see you." And she did see him, she could picture him so vividly. The softness in his eyes and the freckles on his skin. She could picture him so perfectly as if he was already here, ready to embrace her. "Bellamy..." his name escaped her lips and she dropped the radio darting to the back of the rover.

Clarke woke Madi from her slumber trying to stay calm but excitement fiddled through her pores. She was different now. She was a mother. A mother to a little Natblida that she found along the way. She had told her countless stories of her friends. More specifically, Bellamy. She told her stories of his bravery, how he risked his life for their friends in mount weather. How he was bled out and despite that still saved all their friends. She told her the stories of not letting her pull that lever alone and how they were always stronger together. Clarke reminisced on memories like how when she was making that list, the dreaded 100 people list, he came over and supported her with hardly any words. If I'm on that list, you're on that list. It's like her voice was echoing in her mind. Like every word he had ever said, became so real in that moment. And she could hear them all in a whole new light.

Clarke joined Madi as they peered over the ledge. Madi was just as excited as Clarke, except in a different way. She was only 4 when Clarke had found her after the wreckage of praimfaya. Her nightblood was so pure and thick that the radiation hadn't even burned her. She had ran and hid in the corner of her village. Somehow Clarke could hear her whimpers while gathering supplies. That's when she realized, she would never be truly alone. She had become a mother, and her fight was no longer just the will to survive for one, she had to ensure the life and wellbeing of a child who was caught in a storm of complete despair.

The ship landed on the valley beneath them and she looked to Madi. Far too much excitement written on her face for a girl who hadn't remembered any other human interaction. Clarke grabbed her small Natblida's face in her hands, placing a kiss in the middle of her forehead. "Stay here," she whispered, "I need to make sure it's safe."

"If it's Bellamy then it must be safe, he wouldn't hurt you. It's Bellamy!" Madi cracked a smile.

"We don't know that for sure." Clarke whispered. "Please just stay here, I'll come get you when it's safe."

"Mom..." she whispered and Clarke gave her the look she always did was something was out of reach. Madi was stubborn and hardly liked following the rules but Clarke was strong willed. "Fine." She huffed.

Clarke kissed her forehead once more before scrabbling through the rubbish of twigs and broken branches. Praimfaya had ruined nearly every living thing. Animals somehow survived, unlike Clarke or anyone had really suspected. But that's what kept her and Madi alive for so long. She taught the small child to hunt, and unexpectedly was a natural. They lived in silence together, constantly traveling from the ark to polis, continuing to try to make communication with the bunker.

All that was left was Clarke and Madi. But the thought of bringing Bellamy and the rest of her friends home fuelled her with a source of excitement she hadn't felt in so long. She had given up on them ever returning. She truly had no reason to believe any of them were alive at this point. No light in the sky, no response on the radio, nothing. But she still talked to him everyday, hoping that maybe somehow he would hear her due to some miracle. And that miracle was today.