Chapter 11 "Playing Pretend"

"Finally" I huff as the door opens to Lawliet's floor; the building is so big that almost everyone has their own floor (other than Angel of course). The room is huge almost reminding me of Beyond Birthdays room in the hotel. The floors are made of light wood that is so shined, and polished you can see your reflection. The floor is divided into sections, in one section is a kitchen bigger than the one in the bakery, filled with stainless steel appliances, marble white counter tops, and of course the knobs on everything are strawberry red. I open the fridge pulling out a carton of strawberries "Lawliet won't miss these" I mutter biting into the biggest one, I place the carton on the counter as I grab a whip cream can out of habit squirting a mouthful into my mouth.

I've always been kind of a slob when it came to sweets. Growing up around Lawliet I did develop a few of his traits, such as a craving for sweets, some computer skills, him teaching me how to play tennis, and I go mostly bare foot. An idea suddenly pops into my head as I run into Lawliet's room that's bigger than any room I've ever seen, the bed is a canopy bed covered in pillows, the carpet is a cream chocolate color that looks almost good enough to eat. The wall opposite to the bed is a window that has an amazing view of the city. I walk into his walk-in-closet grabbing his long sleeve t-shirt, and a pair of his baggy blue jeans. I slip off my tank top and pants slipping on the long sleeve shirt and the baggy jeans. I adjust my hair as I walk into his huge bathroom. I look into my reflection in the mirror; wishing my hair was black like Lawliet's. I run back into his room doing a belly flop onto his bed, he placed my bear against the pile of pillows. I hug my bear close to me as I crawl off the bed remembering I left my strawberries in the kitchen, suddenly the elevator beeps "oh shit" I think as the door opens I duck behind the counter. I hear the sound of a computer clicking away as he passes the counter. It fades into the room; I look up hoping that he doesn't see me in his clothes because I look like an idiot. I see that the bedroom door is now closed, I tip toe into the next section, it's a living room with a 48inch plasma mounted on the wall. A couch like the one downstairs sits in front of it. I plop down almost sinking into it I grab the remote that sits on the arm of the couch. Suddenly I place the strawberries on the coffee table as I adjust my legs so that I'm sitting like Lawliet. I feel like a little kid playing pretend.

I make my voice flat and emotionless "with the represented evidence that corresponds with the Kira case..." I start rambling using big words that don't make sense laughing at myself till suddenly

"I know for a fact I sound nothing like that" I look over to seeing Lawliet smiling as he grabs a strawberry from the open carton that is almost empty. He bites into it as he climbs over the coffee table tackling me to the couch, suddenly he has the strawberry sticking out of his mouth as he has my arms and legs pinned so I can't move. I'm laughing hysterically the whole time. Finally he stops; our eyes locked, his face so sweet as the strawberry is almost falling out of his mouth. He suddenly placed his ear against my chest right over my heart he looks up laughing.

"What's so funny?" I yell smiling

"As long as that heart beats, I'm happy"

"So has that depression of your disappeared?"

He smiles, our faces only inches apart "as long as you're here it's gone"

Suddenly I bite the strawberries yanking it out of his mouth. He laughs "hey I was going to finish that!" he says teasingly

I swallow it trying not to choke from laughing "consider it an early birthday present" his face suddenly turns into shock

"It's not April yet... is it?" he glances over at a calendar pinned to the wall; a date is circled many times.

I laugh "its tomorrow Lawliet, calm down"

Lawliet reaches over my head grabbing the remote. Suddenly a radio that sits on a shelf next to the T.V playing 'a thousand years' he kisses me, our bodies are intertwined as If they were meant to be together. He slips off his shirt, then mine. I easily am able to slip off my pants. I unbutton his easy, finally our 'undergarment' (and you guys can imagine the rest)