Chapter 7 "When She Finds Love, May It always stay True"

Lawliet sits in his chair typing away at the computer.

“L what’s wrong?” I ask, my hands shaking in fear. Suddenly he stops typing when all the screens suddenly all show the letter’s BB.

I gasp “Beyond?”

A voice suddenly rings in my ears “hello Angel” so sinister and evil it makes my stomach ache.

“I thought you died”

He laughs “I have my ways”

The elevator opens, Watari runs up to me “sweetie are you okay?” he asked hugging me close.

“it’s Beyond Birthday he’s… alive… somehow”

“I see your still alive, old man” bb snickers.

Lawliet’s face grows angry “Beyond leave my family out of this!”

“There is a hotel on the corner of main; I want Angel dropped off in room B3”

Lawliet growls almost “Beyond, you can take my life but not Angel”

BB laughs again. “Well I guess if you insist-“

“No!” I shriek “I’ll go, just please don’t hurt L or Watari” Masuda, and Chief rush in from another room. Lawliet turns around his chair, running to me wrapping his arms around me.

“Angel you have no idea who you’re dealing with, beyond birthday is my evil self, he doesn’t care about feelings. He has a Death Note and the shinigami eyes; as soon as he gets you alone he will kill me anyways”

I start crying again pushing Lawliet’s bangs back with my fingers. I’m crying so badly I’m barley even able to speak. “I have to try” he hugs me one last time. I walk up to the monitors. “Okay BB I except, I’ll go to the hotel”

“Excellent”

I turn around running to the elevator slamming on the bottom floor button. I watch as the door closes my family fades away from me. I have to do this I tell myself; beyond birthday is crazy, he’s a mad man. I know that if he had the chance he would take my family from me. I look down at my phone wanting to call Lawliet; I want to tell him I love him one last time. But I know that it would be too painful for the both of us. So I call Watari, the man who I always felt I owed my life to.

“Angel” Watari’s voice is serious “I know nothing I would say would change your mind. But, please stay safe. For L’s sake.” He pauses “and for mine”

I start to tear up again “I love you Daddy” I can hear he’s almost crying too.

“I love you too my little strawberry” I hear the dial tone.

I fall to the ground crying as the elevator beeps away. Finally as the elevator stops at the first floor I run out the door. The hotel wasn’t hard to find. It was a nice hotel that stands out amongst all the other buildings. The lobby is extravagant with crystal chandeliers, marble floors, and elaborate plants. As I walk up to the front desk clerk a man steps out of an elevator. I gasp at the man with pale white skin, dark messy hair, and piercing red eyes. His hands are in his tux pants pockets. He looked exactly like Lawliet. My stomach turned into a knot as he smiled at me, a sinister smiles like he knows what I’m thinking. He holds me close to him, the heat of his breath on my ear. He smells like strawberries.

“Walk to the elevator casually, you must smile and pretend like I’m L, do it or ill kill him right here and now.”

I start to panic as my cheeks turn bright red; I try to take deep breaths as I fake a smile. I hold onto Beyonds arm as he leads me to the elevator. He probably thinks that the hotel is wired, and that Lawliet is watching my every move. I hope not because it would hurt Lawliet beyond repair. I glance at the security camera and throw up an L shape with my fingers. It’s a sign Lawliet and I made up as children to let each other know that we love each other. I’m hoping that if Lawliet is watching he knew that I’m faking to keep him alive.