"Summer..." Rain crawled towards me and I opened my arms for her. We embraced each other for what seemed to be hours. 

"I'm sorry Rain. I should have been able to stop him." I murmured. She shook her head and let out a tired, labored breath. 

"No. I shouldn't have grabbed him like that. But I didn't have a choice. That punch would have knocked you out cold." She was right. I was already light headed and weak from the kicks. The powerful force of his punch would have done it for me. I was grateful for my little sisters timing. 

"Thank you, Rain." I stroked her hair and she nodded slowly.

"We need to be there for each other." I bit my bottom lip, looking over at her torn face, distance eyes and pouting lip.

"Rain, I'm going out with friends tonight. I'm going to drop you off at Mikah's. I don't want you home by yourself if Carl comes back early." She nodded, not arguing. That, I was also grateful for.

At six fifty, I was getting in the car and driving to Dairy Queen to meet Aiden. I had just dropped Rain off and they agreed to let her spend the night. The bruising on my face wasn't as noticable when I had makeup on. Hopefully he wouldn't notice. But my stomach and side on the other hand...now that was gory. There were black, purple and blue bruises everywhere. One touch and I almost doubled over in pain. 

I was nervous to meet up with Aiden, scared of what he was going to do to me. Dying now wouldn't be so bad. It would put me out of my misery. But what about Rain? She would have to live with Carl all by herself. No, I wasn't that selfish. I have to live for Rain. 

I parked my Jeep, cut the engine and hopped out. I could already smell the double chocolate cookie dough, AKA, my favorite ice cream EVER! When I pulled open the door, I sensed before saw Aiden. He was leaning against the far wall, looking at the menu. But he wasn't actually reading it, just spacing out. 

When I saw his nostrils flare, he jerked his head towards me and smiled. I couldn't help but smile back as I made my way towards him. "Hello, stranger. I'm glad you came." He went to hug me but I flinched away. I didn't want him to accidently touch my bruises. It wouldn't end well. Aiden seemed hurt by my action so I grabbed his hand and smiled at him.

"I am too." And it was the truth. I was happy to be here with him. When I went up to order, I pulled out my wallet but Aiden snatched it from my grasp, quickly ordered what he wanted and then paid. I struggled to get my wallet back and he happily obligued...once the order was paid for. I huffed, crossing my arms. 

"I invited you, it's my treat." He grabbed my hand again and pulled me to a table while we waited. I smiled, leaned back in my seat and crossed my legs. He was watching my every more.

"See something you like?" I whispered. Where did my courage come from? I don't know. But It got him to laugh quietly and purr with delight.

"Of course. Though, you have two love bites on your neck. I only gave you one." He raised an eyebrow and my cheeks flamed red. How the hell was I supposed to tell him my father gave me a hickey?! 

"I-I uh...It's not like that... It's just that-uh..." I stuttered like an idiot. Aiden chuckled and leaned over to touch my love bites with his finger tips.

"I'm kidding, darling. There's only one." He kissed my forehead and when to get our order just as they called our number. My stomach was howling with joy when my ice cream was put before me. I didn't hesitate to dig in, not caring that I looked like a starved child. 

"Whoa there, Summer. Take a breath every now and then, okay? I don't want you to drown." I looked up at him and let out a harsh snarl before returning my attention back to my ice cream. He chuckled as he slowly enjoyed his.