Chapter Six

Chapter Six

"Summer!" I heard my name right when I I reached the bottom of the stairs. "Oh, Summer! I'm so happy you're okay! I've been going crazy while Jamie took a few of us shopping. I just wanted to come back and be with you!" Rain clutched tightly around my neck. I dropped my hold on Aiden's hand and squeezed my sister to me. 

Rain was okay. I've worried about what my father would have done to her when I blacked out. But he did nothing. The only visible wound was the bruise that was an obvious outcome of a punch. 

"I'm sorry, it's all my fault. He wouldn't have hurt you so badly if I-" I cut her off by cupping a hand around her lips, shaking my head. 

"No, Rain. Don't even. I'm okay. You're okay. That's all that matters, yes? We made it through it together. Just like I promised." She sighed and looked over at Aiden who was now in the living room, talking to some of his packmates. Rain smiled slightly. 

"He cares about you, Summer. And I'm glad. You need someone to treat you well..." Rain wrapped her arm through mine and hurried me to the kitchen. I bit my bottom lip. It felt rude to go through someones fridge without getting permission. So I called Aiden.

"Yes, angel?" He was sitting on the couch, watching Kyle and Jacob fight savagely in Gears of War. I winced. It was such a disgusting game! Aiden turned his head to the side, offering me his ear to tell me he was listening. But when I didn't answer, he turned his whole body to looked at me. I felt embarrassed to ask out loud so I mouthed, 'can I get something to eat?' He laughed but nodded quickly. "Of course. You don't need to ask, Summer. Help yourself." 

With that being said... 

I pulled out turkey, cheese, mayo and lettuce, set them on the counter and then toasted some bread. Rain squealed, making me spin around to see her watching me. "RAIN!?" I placed a hand on my chest. She giggled and began chewing her nails.

"I'm sorry. It's just, I love your turkey sandwiches! Make me one." She pleaded. I sighed, shook my head and then grabbed her hand. She came up next to me. Then I pulled out my Ipod and played our customary kitcten song, "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson. I turned it up, laid it on the table and then we both started dancing smoothly to the music as I made our sandwiches.

She spun, threw her arms in the air and then threw a piece of turkey on a piece of bread, making me laugh. I swun my hips, sang around and rythmically spread the mayo. When the chorus came, we froze, turned to each other and then bellowed out. "What doesn't kill you makes your stronger! Stand a little taller! Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone." I grabbed her face in my hands and bent my knees as I sexually danced to the song. 

Rain laughed and twist out of my grip to throw her arms in the air and dance to the next verse. She pointed to me as she sang "What doesn't kill you make a fighter, footsteps even lighter. Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone!" She did an erotic air humping and sway with the hips that made me throw my head back and toss lettuce on the turkey. 

"You heard that I was starting over with someone one new. They told you I was moving on." I said in a hushed tone. Rain took the cheese out and started cutting it as she spun and threw her head back to sing, 

"You didn't think that I'd come back. I'd come back swinging. You try to break me but you see..." 

"What doesn't kill you makes your stronger! Stand a little taller! Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone. What doesn't kill you make a fighter, footsteps even lighter. Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone!" She sang out together and continued to do so until the song ended the exact same time I put the top bread on the cheese and handed it to Rain. She smiled like a cat and turned to eat it at the table only to stop.