Chapter Nine

Aiden's POV

I felt Summer's body go slack in my arms as she dropped her hold on my wrist. Her head dangled back, pulling away from my blood. I jerked my eyes at Jimmy who was still draining her blood, trying to get the Wolfbane out. 

"What the hell are you doing?! You're killing her!" I screamed loudly. I laid Summer down, spun around and found a tube. I stuck the IV in her arm, then another in mine and watched as my blood flowed into her. Jimmy hissed and spit out a mouth full of Wolfbane. 

"If you kill her, Jimmy, I swear to fucking God-" I didn't finish the threat. I decided to let his imagination wonder and persume the worst. I watched as my beautiful mate got paler and paler. I curse, grabbed another tube and stuck it on her opposite arm before attaching it to mine. Jimmy finally stopped and I could hear Summer's heart failing. It was so faint that even I had trouble hearing it.

"Come on, Summer! Don't you dare think you're gonna quit on me now! I need you, angel. I need you." Tears rolled down my cheek as I flowered her face with kissed. I grew weak from the blood loss but I didn't dare stop it from flowing to her. She needed it. Hell she needed it! 

Jimmy watched me, his face pained. 

"Aiden... I don't think-"

"Shut up! I don't care! She's going to live, Jimmy! She's got to!" I snapped at him. He frowned and bowed his head. 

"All the wolfbane is out. But she has so little blood. You're may be too late!" I ignored him and took a seat next to Summer, my legs buckling with weakness. I forced myself not to close my eyes. If I did, I'd pass out. 

"Get Rain. Now." I murmured. But my order was still fierce and Jimmy hurried upstairs. Rain needs to say goodbye to her sister...if Summer doesn't make it through this. Rain need to say goodbye to a breathing body.

Rain rushed down and grabbed hold of Summer's hand. Tears were pouring down her face also. "Summer?! Oh God no!" She hugged her sister and cried. I moved as far away from them as I could without pulling the IV's out. I wanted to give them space. "Oh, Aiden! I'm so sorry! This is my fault! It's always my fault!" She looked at me and I felt my heart squeeze tight. I reached out for the little girl and pulled her to me.

"No, precious. It's mine. I shouldn't have let her get involved. I should have made her stay in the car." Rain shook her head and gazed at Summer. 

"We both know she would never have listened." Hell, she didn't listen. I told her to stay but she didn't. I still should have tied her or handcuffed her or something! Rain stepped away from me and kissed Summer's cheek. "She's my best friend, Aiden. She's looked after me since our mother died. I am so happy. So, so happy that she can die with love in her heart. She has never loved a man before you. She's always dreamt of finding the perfect guy. And I thank you, for being her dream come true! I will be forever grateful." Rain got on the table and laid next to her sister, wrapping her arms around her abdomen.

Her words only made me cry harder. Summer's dream come true... Is that what I am? All it seems I have done is brought pain and anger to her. I've failed to protect my mate. How can I be Alpha and protect a whole pack if I cannot even protect her? 

"When mama died, she promised she would never leave. And I was dumb enough to believe it. I guess it just brought me comfort. Still, I should have known that I'd end up killing her soon enough. She is always is risking her life for me. Can she hear us?" Rain glanced over at me. I wasn't sure. But I nodded. Rain had things that needed to be said. 

"I'd leave you two alone, Rain...but I can't lose faith." I nodded to the IV's and she gave me a small smile before turning to back to Summer. 

"Listen Summer. You have to live. Wanna know why? Because I can't prosper without you! I am fifteen. I have just found my mate! I don't know how to handle this. I need you, Sum. I need you to help me plan my wedding! I need you to help me with pregnancy and from killing Kyle cause he got me pregnant. But I also need you so I have have the pleasure of helping you too. I want to being your maid of honor and give you the toast on how you are the most perfect sister ever. I want to chide over your perfect baby girl and slap you for not naming her after me! I want to help you through your down falls with Aiden. Don't you understand? We have a future. You have a future. We're no longer with Carl. We're not longer prisoners. We're free. And we need to be free together! I can't do this without you! Please!"