18. I'm Talking ~Hailey~ Part 1

A/N: Hey people! This chapter is dedicated to wiidsimone Love ya! ❤🐥 You know why I dedicated this to you. Thanks for supporting me and always being there for me. (Oh, maybe she is Hailey's friend, who knows?)

Chapter 18: I'm Talking

I went to bed with a smile on my face.

That was the first time a guy- accept Miles- called me beautiful. He didn't laugh, he was serious. I thought he was joking at first, but he wasn't. He was standing there looking at me with that stupid blue eyes of his.

He made me feel so much better. I needed to get it out of my system. I had the best of sleep, and my dream wasn't that bad too. It could've been way worse. Sometimes I lay there for hours, just thinking because I can't sleep. But it was different. It was so nice to get a little shut-eye.

I walked down the halls.

Yesterday was fun at Sky. We did watch all kinds of heartbreak movies and ate a lot of food. Everything was going perfectly until she dropped me off.

I was extremely mad at Sam when I first saw my brother. He almost killed Ben. He didn't leave the hospital with just stitches. He left it with a broken nose, a whole lot of bruises a fractured rib or two, and a broken arm. But I don't feel mad about it anymore. I'm glad, to be honest.

"Look what he did to me!" Ben said gesturing to his body. "Now that I'm telling you that you should stay away from him, you disobey me?" I nod.

"Yes."

"Now you listen to me, young lady! No more boys in you're life! Do you understand me?" I shook my head.

"No Benjamin." I always tried to listen to him, but not this time.

"What did you just say?" He said taking a step closer to me. I gulped.

"I said no," I said as brave as I could. He slapped me across my face. I could feel the burning on my cheek. Oh, and it burned.

"Now you listen to me you're mi-"

"I hate you! You friggen psychopath!" Sick-o. He came to me and I run. I run out of the house and to our neighbors. "Help!" I said knocking on the door. "Please help!" The front door opened.

"Hailey? Oh, you poor child. What happened?" She let me in and closed the door. I locked it. "Are you okay?" I nod and shook my head repetitively.

"It's my brother."

"You can stay here as long as you want. Sam is upstairs resting. Now please make sure he doesn't leave the room until tomorrow morning. He's not in a good condition. Janica is sleeping, I'll be back later tonight."

"Thanks, Lisa, I'll make sure everyone is fine." She greeted me and left the house. I walked upstairs to his room.

There he was. Sleeping soundly, with only his chest falling up and down. He did look a bit bruised, but not nearly as bad as Ben. He looks so peaceful when he sleeps. I took the chair in his room and placed it next to his bed, and sat there waiting.

"Morning Lee, do you feel better today? Did my therapy work or not?" I smiled.

"Morning, yeah it did. Thanks, Sky. I do feel a-"

"Hey, what's wrong? Did something happen yesterday? You look different. Did Miles do anything? I'll rip that guy's manhood off. I'll do it. As I was saying, you wanted to say that you're 'better' or 'fine' but I know you better than that. Are you really okay?" I nod.