16. I'm Cleaning ~Hailey~

A/N: Thanks for voting! Justice_Hope

Chapter 16: I'm Cleaning

I woke up early and took a quick shower. With the water hitting my back, I couldn't help but think. I do a lot of thinking in the shower, and of course, singing too. But today I wasn't in the mood.

Mondays.

I don't hate Mondays, but they sure aren't my favorite.

Why doesn't Ben want me to go near Miles? He's my friend, yes we fight, but all friends do. He doesn't hurt me that much that we should stop being friends. We just had a fight.

I know Ben doesn't like Miles. That's why I told him to leave so that we can talk later. Unfortunately like always, he didn't listen.

I climbed out of the shower and got dressed. I can smell Ben cooking breakfast when I came into the kitchen. "Good morning," He placed pancakes on the table.

"Morning," I sat down and ate the pancakes. He filled my plate with some bacon and I thanked him. It was a bit quiet. I tried to gulp down everything that I can get to school. I don't want to talk to him about yesterday. "Thanks for the breakfast. I'm off to school now."

"My pleasure, don't you want me to take you?" I shook my head, and take an apple and place it in my bag.

"I'm fine thanks, bye," I said walking out of the house.

"Bye!" I heard him yell. I decided to walk to school. I love running, but I'll walk today. As I walk past Sam's house he was leaning against his bike. I almost forgot that we're neighbors now.

"Hey Hailey," he said smirking. I waved and walked on, "don't you wanna ride?" I shook my head still walking. "Are you sure?" I nod. I heard him shuffling behind me and soon enough he jogged to me. "Wait."

"What do you want Sammy?" He walked beside me.

"Nothing, I'm just walking with you to school." I glared at him but continued walking. "What was with all that commotion yesterday?"

"None of your businesses monkeybutt." He chuckled.

"I heard your brother is back. Did you ask him?" Oh yes, I did and you're a liar! I ignored him. "Hey, talk to me."

"Just leave me alone."

"So he didn't tell you?" I shook my head. "He did?" I nod. "And?" He stretched out.

"Nothing, you lied." He stopped walking and glared at the ground.

"I'm many things, but I'm not a liar. What did he tell you?" I sighed. "Tell me."

"Please let's get moving. I don't want to be late." I said moving on. I didn't look behind me and kept on walking. "He told me that he doesn't know what you're talking about." I think he started walking again.

"I'm not the one lying," he said and jogged off. That boy has anger issues. He snaps easily and you don't always know why. I mean I don't even know what happened just now.

Let me tell you how weird it felt walking into school without Miles. It's like you drink your coffee with milk and sugar, and now you have to drink it without both. I'm not used to it at all. I don't know if we're still friends or not. It can't just end like that.

I walked to my locker and as soon as I opened it a note flew out.

Sorry about what happened between you and Miles. Hope we can still stay friends.

-M

I looked around and he walked to my locker. He smiled and I smile back, and then I nod. I'm sure we'll stay friends. He's super nice and cute. "Hi," he said leaning against the locker next to mine.