10. I'm Waiting ~Sam~ Part 2

A/N: Chapter dedicated to bluemoon365 Thanks I love your comments!

Chapter 10: I'm Waiting

We did get back just in time. Timing is everything. As soon as we took our seats the teacher came in and told us that detention is over.

Hailey took her bag and waved me a goodbye which I didn't return, instead I followed with her till we're outside the school building. "Thanks, for everything," she said punching my shoulder.

"No problem, is this the part where I give you a ride home?" She shook her head.

"No actually, I'm walking home."

"You sure, because I can always take you to your house?" She shook her head again.

"No I'll manage and besides I ate a lot. I need the exercise." I can't just leave her, I mean that's just not right, it's rude. I offered her one more time, but she refused again. So I let her go. It would be kind of weird if I kept on nagging.

When I got home, mom wasn't home. I stopped and almost swear, mom forgot again! I rushed back to my bike and took off as fast as I could. Detention is about three hours or so and we were gone for two. Shit.

I jogged to the door and knock on it, a lady opened it and she checked me out as if I'm the weirdest being on two legs. An alien. "I'm here for my s- mom's kid." She closed the door in my face and a few seconds later she opened it.

"Hey there JB," I said taking the baby. "Did mommy forget you again?" She made a weird baby sound and I almost laughed at her, but then I realized, babies can't ride on motorcycles, can they? I texted Andrew, but he's busy with football so that helps...

I can't call Hailey, I don't have her number anyway. I will have to the one thing that I don't like at all, call him. "Hey it's me Sam. Uhm I need a ride, please."

"Sure, where are you?"

That's way easier than I thought. He came in his fancy car. "Hey Samuel, hop in."

"Hey Dad," I said climbing in. "This is JB. So, what about the bike?" He shrugged and start driving.

"I'll send someone to pick it up for you. So how're things going with mom and her husband?"

"Uhm, she's actually divorced and this is junky's child. Well, I don't think he is anything more than a sperm donor. Oh didn't I tell you he's in prison?" Dad shook his head.

"We haven't talked since the deal you made. How are things without him?"

"Better. Mom's on one work and this one can be at a daycare, but the problem is that she forgot her again and they close like two hours ago. So that's a problem."

"Can't you guys just get a nanny or something? I mean I would like to help you guys."

"Thanks, but mom already told me that she doesn't want anyone to look after her."

"Sounds like your mother."

"Dad, I know she may be cheated on you and everything, but do you still care about her?"

"Well I did, but we won't be getting back sooner. I've met someone new and I think that maybe it'll work out."

"Why would you think that this marriage would last if your first one didn't? I thought you would at least fight for mom or me. You didn't. That's what's really disappointing, you not caring. I know a lot more than you thought."

"What do you mean?"

"I know that you guys struggled to get pregnant. Mom wanted more kids, but- so- but doesn't mean you can't be together."