Part 1

Rajveer was feeling cold and devastated. Each wall was carefully designed to hold him back from the freedom which he longed for. A small cell with barred doors and no windows confined him. He was tired, tired of proving himself everyday. He felt helpless, not being able to prove himself made him helpless. There was a battle, not just outside, but a battle inside him. He wanted to do something, he needed to do something, but he felt powerless.

He was laying down on a small metallic frame with a worn out mattress and thin blanket over half of his body. Those dark walls of the cell haunted him. He felt trapped like a bird in a cage. With his eyes closed, he was thinking about the horrible incident; the incident that brought him here. All the scenes started flashing through his mind; the way he was fighting with Colonel Shakti Chandra to take the gun away from his hand.

BOOM

The gunshot got him back to reality, causing him to open his eyes suddenly. When he opened his eyes, he felt something strange. He felt that the atmosphere changed, changed in a good way. He suddenly felt relieved. His eyes wondered around to find the reason for the sudden change in the atmosphere. Rajveer felt someone's presence. He felt attracted towards the cell bars.

He slowly sat up on his bed and looked over towards the bars. Yes, there she was standing. Getting up from the bed, he walked towards the cell bars. He saw tears in her eyes, making him more week and helpless. He can tolerate anything, but not tears in his "Naina's" eyes.

"Naina.."

Rajveer whispered

She was just staring at him. She could feel his pain. She couldn't see her "Rajveer" like that. She was hurt, hurt to the core. Her face felt like a stone with no emotions. She wanted to end his pain. She wanted to break the barriers between them and just hug him tightly.

On the other hand, Rajveer was no less. He could see his own pain through her eyes. He could see her vulnerability.

"mujhse milne ke liye tumhe allow kisne kiya?"

Breaking the silence, Rajveer asked

She was still staring at him. She desired to put him in her embrace. Ignoring his question, she finally spoke, rather whispered

"sir.."

"kya Naina?"

Directly looking into her eyes, he asked

Fresh tears started flowing through her eyes. She wanted to say so much. She wanted to do so much, but, she felt impotent.

"I BELIEVE IN YOU SIR!"

uttered Naina

Those were the only words that escaped through her mouth, she could say no more.

(slow Rajveer-Naina sad tune started)

By hearing those words, Rajveer felt strong. These were the only words that were needed, but only from Naina - the one he loves.

Rajveer lowered his eyes.

"Mein janti hoon Colonel Shakti ko aapne nahi mara"

stated Naina.

He looked back up and again stared into those beautiful hazel eyes. Rajveer was overjoyed with the trust Naina had in him.

"Thanks Naina!"