Chapter 1-

A / N-

Ok so this is the first ever story i've put on wattpad, so enjoy!

Btw- i dedicated it to HooHa84, because she is simply an amazing writer! She's definitely one of my favourites. Also the first story i ever read on Wattpad was one of hers!

feel free to point out any mistakes!

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Inspired2Inspire

Chapter 1-

Crap. I was so late for work; the New York traffic was just way too time consuming to even bother hailing for a cab. So yes, I was running along the side walk in high heels with my business skirt on, not the easiest combination.

"Urfff", I heard from a man's deep, gruff yet gentle voice as I stumbled to the side, as we had collided on the pathway, in my rush to get to the office in time.

"Woah sorry ... I'm ... Work... Late... sorry" tripping over my own words. I guess I was slightly disorientated from crashing into that man. When he quickly stepped out from the shadows of the side walk I could see him clearly.

His green tinted aqua eyes glistened and stood out against his dark black hair, it was long, about shoulder length but not scruffy. His jaw was square and masculine, standing out and bold, his ever so slightly tanned skin radiated against his handsome features. Woah. That was literally the only word I thought of. Oh sugar...snap out of it Lauren! I thought to myself, I must have looked like a complete idiot, staring at him like that, no wait gawking at him like that! He must think there is something wrong with me, judging by the concerned gaze he gave me.

"Urm are you alright..."

"Lauren, my names Lauren, and yes thanks" I smiled, trying to regain what little pride I had left.

"Oh ok well then my name is Breccan" He said, with a heart stopping smile. He might not have known it, but he was damn gorgeous.

"Are you sure you're okay... Lauren was it, you look a bit flustered?"

"Uhh yeah, yeah I'm fine totally fine" I said with what I hope was a convincing smile. God his eyes are like gorgeous pools, I've never seen that colour before, this may sound creepy but I wanted to swim in them.

"So where were you heading, before I crashed into you?" I said sheepishly with a nervous laugh. I am not letting him walk away without my number, I thought internally!

"Urm, oh I was just on my way to that little dinner over there. Have you ever been to it? It does the best pancakes in the world! You've gotta try them...hey urm, do you wanna join me for breakfast there?" He asked, casually as if we were friends and hadn't just met a minute ago.

"Urm. You sure?" I said balancing my Starbucks coffee, between my work folders.

"Yh sure, come on, you have to try them pancakes! Here let me help you with those..."

He said whilst pulling my folders out from under my arms, "Thanks, sure I'd love to come." I said, hoping to casually check my watch. Sugar! I was way past late for work now, oh well I thought...I'm already late; having breakfast wouldn't make much of a difference...right?

"Unless... you have to be somewhere else..?" he said slowly, glancing at my dozens of work folders piled high on top of each other. "No no ... I take these like everywhere! I mean... No I'm not like... I just... Ugh never mind. So um breakfast!" I smiled as my voice started to crumble near the end. He sensed I was nervous but he just laughed in the most charming way and guided me down the street, towards the little diner. That smile actually made my heart melt.

We got to the diner door and he stood and held the door open for me like a gentleman! Wow, he sure knows how to make a girl feel like a princess I thought. I would have never even noticed the little place like this. It totally blended in on the outside! But inside, was just wow! It was a retro diner, with the little leather blue booths and blue bar stools at the counter, it even had one of them little things that you put money in and choose a song for. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it and that was definitely no lie!