Chapter Five

"Expelliarmus!" A Ravenclaw named Katrina flicks her wand towards me. I barely notice though. It's almost midnight and I'm exsausted. Kat puts the wand in her pocket and yawns. "Gosh, It's late! Let me walk you to your room." I try to protest, saying that I don't need protection, but she shushes me. "The Twi-Hards like to creep around here at night. Always good to have a buddy." We begin walking up the spiral staircase to the girls dorm. Kat sparks up a conversation about how cool it would be if the girls dorms would turn into a slide just like in Harry Potter. 

It turns out, Kat was right about the Twi-Hards. Halfway down the hallway to my bedroom, a girl and a guy jump down from the ceiling. How they got up there, I have no idea. "Oh boy." Kat grumbles. The boy rushes to be and tilts my head. I have no idea what he's doing until he hisses, and I see the fangs. "Ew, dude come on!" I complain. Kat tries to dodge the other vampire. Meanwhile, the boy sinks his teeth into my neck. "Ouch!!!!" I roundhouse kick him in the face, then punch him in the gut angrily. Note to self: Never mess with Twi-Hards. Finally, we manage to lose the vampires fter a couple more punchs and a good wand to the face. Kat slips silently into her room right next door. 

"JUST GO AWAY!!!!!" I hear Chelsea sobbing before I even open the door. When I do, I see her and Wade sitting on the floor. Wade look distressed. "Chels, come on! This is big! Just think, we could find out the truth!" He notices me and falls silent. I'm guessing he thinks he can't trust me yet. Which would be find, but I really want to know what he's talking about. The truth about what? "People disappear Wade!" Chelsea whispers frantically. "Are you alright?" I ask tentatively. She wipes her tears and smiles. "Yes, I'm fine. Come on, Di. It's time for bed." Chelsea seems to forget all about Wade, though I think she's doing it on purpose. Finally, he get's the hint and leaves. "Thing's are changing, girls. You can either change too, or be left behind. We don't have to be the outsiders!" He slams the door shut, leaving an eerie mood in the room. 

"Are you sure he's alright out there? There's a couple of Twi-Hards running around." Chelsea brushes it off, but I can see the hurt in her eyes. "He never was really smart." She whispers. I barely have time to feel bad for her. Once my head hits the pillow, the world starts to fade away. The shouts of "Sectumsempra" and "Exelliarmus!" are still fresh in my head. 

I'm awoken by the loudest sound I've ever heard in my life. I feel like my ears are caving in on themselves just to try to shut some of the noise out. Suddenly, I feel someone shake my shoulder urgently. It's Chelsea. Her eyes are filled with fear. "What's going on?" I ask grogilly. My clock says 3:25. Great. I barely get three hours of sleep without something like this happening. "We have to go, right now!" She yanks me out of bed, but I'm still half asleep. My body slams against the floor roughly. "God, Chels, can we just chill for like 5 minutes!" I ask angrily. I glance up, and shivers run through my body. The look on Chelsea's face is one of complete terror. Something is seriously wrong. "Please, Diana!" She begs. I manage to crawl off the floor and scurry out of the room with Chelsea clutching my hand for dear life. The other girls in the dorm are doing the same. Wave after wave of fangirls flood from their rooms, traveling in the same direction. I try talking to Chelsea, but her pale face tells me to just leave her alone. Breathing heavily, we manage to make it to the Commonroom. I stop cold. There are at least thirty, heavily armed, men in black all over the place. They all have the same cold eyes that make me want to crawl into a hole and stay there forever. I make a weird squeaking sound, but Chelsea just continues dragging me. Still, I try to resist her. "Diana, PLEASE! We have to get in line!" Her voice has so much authority and fear, I listen to her. All around, people line up against the book shelves. 

"ANYONE NOT AGAINST THE WALLS IN THE NEXT FIVE SECONDS, WILL BE SEVERELY PUNISHED!" A man with a red bandana on his wrist shouts. The room is silent. "Chelsea..." She squeezes my hand. The man continues to speak. "To anyone new, my name is Ray. And if you ever see me, there's trouble." I gulp. What trouble could there be? Ray walks down the line me and Chelsea are in. My heart rate speeds up, and I start to squirm nervously. This seems to make him zero in on me. "What's this?" He pats my thigh where my knife is. His large, hairy hand makes me extremely uncomfortable. "I'm Dauntless." I mutter. He nods. "Let's see how brave you are, Dauntless." He turns and faces the whole room. "There was an escape attempt!" Ray puts emphasis on the word 'attempt.' My throat closes. I didn't think esacpe from the FMH was possible to even try. "Currently, the Fanboys who tried to escape are residing in solitary confinement, and will continue doing so for the next 6 weeks." Chelsea gasps. In a flash, Ray is right up in both of our faces. "And one of the suspects mentioned a pretty little blonde with green eyes." He reaches up and pulls down my neck, revealing my tatoo. It's the same three ravens Tris had, but there's also the word 'book' at the very top of the first raven. The two o's in 'book' are the infinity sign. "With a lovely tattoo." Ray finishes. I can feel the sweat on my forehead. Ray's hand traces my tattoo, making me shiver. But what really makes me squirm is what he just said. Someone wants me gone. 

Ray speaks for a little longer, than realizes that it's almost 4 AM. Finally, with one more suspicious and angry glance at me, he dismisses us. Instantly, Chase materializes by my side, looking anxious. "Di, are you okay?" I nod shakily. "DId you have anything to do with...it?" I snap out of my daze. "No! I was in the room with Chels the whole time!" Chelsea nods solemnly. "I was up all night, she never moved." Chases shakes his head with frustration. "Who would want you gone? Do you have any enemies?" The question startles me. "No!" Chelsea stops walking. "Oh my god." She whispers. "What??" Chase and I yell simultaneously. She looks more scared than she looked when the alarm went off. "I don't have any enemies, Chels." I tell her again, to get the message across. She keeps shaking her head, though.

"No, you don't. But Wade does."