Arthur and Merlin [Alternate Ending]

Merlin and Arthur [Alternate Ending] 

"Merlin, where are you going?" Gaius asked me as I headed for the door. 

"I need to find Arthur," was all I said before I left the room. I can't stand to not tell him about my magic and then there's the fact that I think of him constantly. Recently, I've found myself thinking about him in ways that I shouldn't. I'm just his servant and I shouldn't be thinking about the Prince of Camelot like that. 

Memories: 

"Merlin, will you bring me my sword sometime today?"Arthur asked sarcastically and impatiently. I rolled my eyes at him and handed him his sword and just before I turned around, I tripped and landed on Arthur causing both of us to land on the ground. It took all my strength to not blush as I scrambled to get up. Arthur glared at me and pushed me off to the ground. "Geez, Merlin what is up with you today?" I just gave him a cheesy grin. 

"I don't know, Sire." He sighed and shook his head, his soft hair going everywhere. 

"Obviously, now quit messing around, we've got to train." He said sighing and turning away. That was close... 

And then there was this other time.... 

I'm late! I thought as I pulled my shirt on and ran out of my room, grabbed a piece of bread, and then stuffing it down my throat, I ran to Arthur's chambers. Once I was there, I heard, "You're late, Merlin!" I sighed, still out of breath. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, just give me the list of chores you want done and then I'll get your breakfast." 

"Someone's not in a cheerful mood." He said smirking. I rolled my eyes. Of course I'm not in a cheerful mood. He gave me a list of chores that was so long that I had to stay up late to finish Gaius's chores. I mean, is that all I'm ever good for? Saving Arthur's life from every life-threatening situation, do chores, and hiding who I really am? I didn't say anything for he was sure to continue whether I said something or not. "Come on Merlin, what's got you so cranky? It'll make you feel better if you talk about it." He said grinning. See, what did I tell you? 

"Hm... how about... I didn't get enough sleep last night? Oh that's sounds about right." Once I got started, I couldn't stop. "Or my body is still aching from you and the others continuously hitting the shield I had to hold during your training? Or how about the fact that you're a bossy clotpole who won't admit that he's gotten fat?" 

"Okay, now that's just going too far." He said glaring at me. 

"Ah, you're right, I do feel better." I said smirking. Then he rattled off a long list of things to do and pushed me out of his room. I snickered and headed straight to the kitchen to get his breakfast. I truly do get a kick out of messing with him and I'm sure he feels the same about me. I thought sighing a bit. When I returned moments later with his food, I sat it on his table when I didn't see him. He's probably in the bathroom or something. I thought rolling my eyes. Just as I was about to leave the room (I wasn't really paying attention to where I was going), I bumped right into Arthur's bare chest and fell flat on my butt. And it took all my will not to stare at him or blush. He glared at me. 

"When will you learn to watch where you're going?" 

"When you learn not to get in my way..." I said back cheekily. He gritted his teeth and I dodged a goblet he threw as I slipped out the door, snickering. Once I was far away from Arthur, I blushed. His skin was warm and very firm although he did look a bit pudgy around the gut. I grinned at the thought. Whether he's fat or not, I still like him a lot. 

End of Memories: 

I can't hide my feelings for Arthur any longer. I found myself standing in front of Arthur's chambers. I opened the door.... 

A/N: Okay this is where it goes into the alternate ending :D 

I opened the door and saw Arthur still asleep. I rolled my eyes and went over to the bed. "Arthur, come on, up you get!" Suddenly I felt myself being pulled onto the bed and soft lips pressed against mine. It filled me with a joy I couldn't explain. I kissed him back. It just felt right being here with him. 

"So Merlin, do you still want me to get up?" He asked smirking at me when we pulled away for air. I grinned. 

"Nope." 

"Good." He said kissing my forehead. "Now then, it's bed time." 

"What," I was interrupted by him sitting on top of me and pulling my boots and socks off. Next he pulled my pants off, causing me to blush, and last he pulled off my jacket and neckerchief. 

"That's better." He said grinning and then he lay down next to me, pulling the covers over the both of us. I cuddled into him and he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me tightly. I quite like being this close to Arthur. I thought smiling and closing my eyes. "I love you Merlin." 

"I love you, too, Arthur." I fell asleep but was woken up by a loud knock. Arthur and I scrambled out of bed and I hurriedly put all my clothes on before Arthur said, 

"Yes?" 

"Arthur, it's almost time for training, aren't you up yet?" Gwaine said grinning as he walked in. Oh yeah... I forgot about that... 

"Right, I'll meet you down at the training field." Arthur answered like we weren't just lying in bed together. How does he do that? Oh well... Gwaine nodded and left the room. "That was close." 

"Yeah..." Arthur pulled me into a short kiss and then I helped him get ready for training and walked with him down to the training field. I'm glad I get to finally be with Arthur. I thought happily as I got ready to hand off the weapons that would be needed. 

Arthur's P.O.V 

Merlin fell asleep in my arms. Did he get enough sleep last night? I always worry for his well being even if it doesn't seem like it. I truly love him and his silly antics. I ran my hand through his soft brown hair. I don't know what I'd do if he was taken from me. I'm glad that Father made him my man servant. At first I thought it was a horrible idea but Merlin just sort of grew on me and now I love him. I thought stroking the side of his face, lovingly. And he loves me. He stirred a bit in his sleep and cuddled closer to me. I smiled and kissed his forehead. He smiled in his sleep and settled. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, dreaming of Merlin. I awoke abruptly to a knocking at the door. "Arthur, are you awake yet? We've got training!" Merlin and I rushed out of the bed and just as I answered Gwaine, Merlin had his clothes back on. 

"Yes, I'll meet you down at the field." I'm surprised I sounded like my usual self when I'm with Merlin. Gwaine nodded and then he was gone. 

"That was close." Merlin said looking relieved. I smiled and pulled him into a kiss. 

"It was." I whispered into his ear after I pulled away. He dressed me and then we went to the training field. Later on that evening, after dinner, and it was time for bed, I asked Merlin to sleep with me that night and he agreed to it. We climbed into my bed and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I love you Merlin." He smiled and like this morning, cuddled into my chest. 

"I love you, too, Arthur." He wrapped his arms around my waist and we both fell asleep like that.