0. Prologue

Enjoy reading this new story I am making.

Jennifer called me out, saying she had something for me. 'You need to hear this.'

I worked for a company that finds paranormal activity and attempting to make the spirits rest in peace once again. However, ever since the company has been created, things begin to go quite down really fast. I only started working for a week and the conditions of my workplace all seem standard, but the money was so damn low, the company couldn't afford electricity nor plumbing no more. Despite this, the pay was quite decent IF we can find good proof of the paranormal.

I sat on her desk, 'What is it this time? We need to find good paranormal activity in order to keep this company safe.'

She grinned and showed me a tape recorder. Both the tape and the recorder were in good condition, showing only minor tearing of both the brand and the name of it.

'That's it? A bloody tape? You kidding me?! THAT'S OUR TRUMP CARD?!'

She slapped me at the end of my sentence and grunted. 'You couldn't just listen to the tape first before complaining, eh Donovan Schwitz?'

'Just play the damn thing, and I told you not to call me by my full name!'

The name Donovan Schwitz is just my alias. I keep my name private in order for me to protect my family's name and reputation. In fact, in the office nobody sees my face. I always wore a hoodie, a mouth mask and glasses to fully conceal my identity. Each time a visit the office, I always wore different masks to make sure I stay fully unidentifiable.

The first thing we hear is wind being blown on the background, before an old man clears his throat.

'Somewhere in England near Essex, there exists a rural town that was cut off by the world. The town's name is Aeston. I was a servant to this king when the town was still developing, around the ruling of King Edward VII. That's when this...person entered the castle unauthorized. My king demanded the guards to get rid of her. However what he did was the biggest mistake in his life.

If he would've just hear her words out, then maybe this would've all been avoided. So after they threw her out of the castle I hear her chanting nonsensible words, before she stabbed herself with a dagger made from magic right in front of the guards.

When that happened, an earthquake struck England, followed by massive thunderstorms and hurricanes. His Highness may have been saved by that event, but Aeston was just beginning to feel what that woman did to us.

A few weeks after that event occurred, a peasant of which I will not say their name, had perished from an unknown disease. However, that's when Aeston was attacked by a swarm of mosquitos the size of large black clouds. Thousands of them contract the illness and survived while some didn't contract it, however they were left with multiple mosquito scars. Luckily for me though I was on my day off visiting your great grandfather, my dear nephew/niece.

When I returned back from my post, I saw the king's current condition: He looked pale and weak, yet I sense his spirit still strong and mighty. He only asked of me today that I leave this town, but I refused. I was born in this town, I will die in this town.

As time flew by, his illness worsened to the point to were his children and wife had it too. By the next year, his day of reckoning had final came. Alongside the children and wife, the town was in mourning. Just as the burial ceremony ends, another earthquake struck us, but this time only in Aeston. The rest of England wasn't affected.

Next towards the Earthquake was the sky turning blood red, to which now the entire England notices. Everyone panicked as if it was the end of the world. Droplets of blood begin pouring our town, but the droplets also had something else in them: Acid.